Trans Baviaans 2015

hboli4

What kind of time would you be aiming for as a "Midpack" racer?  

Gold medal time for us will be 14.30, Silver at 15.30 and Bronze at 16.30. But anything can happen on the day, as long as we finish.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Send your lights to CP 3 then you are sorted,Bergplaas gets a bit hectic with everyone scratching in boxes.

You then spend less time there and can get down the other side in the daylight.

The main thing that costs you time in the trans is wasting time in checkpoints,make sure all the team members no the drill when pulling into a CP.

if you get down from Bergplaas in the light you looking at about a 12--13h day

Send your lights to CP 3 then you are sorted,Bergplaas gets a bit hectic with everyone scratching in boxes.

You then spend less time there and can get down the other side in the daylight.

The main thing that costs you time in the trans is wasting time in checkpoints,make sure all the team members no the drill when pulling into a CP.

if you get down from Bergplaas in the light you looking at about a 12--13h day

What time does it get dark around Bergplaas.

My team normally packs tail lights and headlights at the bottom of Bergplaas encase of emergence. Then big lights at the top.

I got to the top last year around 8 just just after it got dark and did a 13 hour total.

Hopefully this year we can descend while the sun is up ^_^

I see sunset for Uniondale and J-bay is around 17:56. I'm assuming it'll be pitch black by 18:30 latest?

So one would ideally like to be at Bergplaas by 18:00, which gives you 8 hours to do the first 150km. Seems reasonable... in theory...

What time does it get dark around Bergplaas.

Sun sets at about 6, but you've got another 30 minutes or so before you have to use your lights.

Hi all. First baviaans this year for my partner and I. Doing the second one next weekend. We busy planning our boxes.

Does anyone have a list of what you guys plan to put into each box, what kind of spares etc...

Thanks

Craig

Hi all. First baviaans this year for my partner and I. Doing the second one next weekend. We busy planning our boxes.

Does anyone have a list of what you guys plan to put into each box, what kind of spares etc...

Thanks

Craig

The plan:

Box 1: juice and snacks, tube, C02 canister

Box 2: small light, snacks, tube, C02 canister

Box 3: lights, jammer, lube, snacks, tube, C02 canister

What we actually use:

Box 1: juice

Box 2: nothing

Box 3: lights, jammer, lube

Flip, wind from behind is Bliss, 2013, my first baviaans, avs to checkpoint 1 was 32km/h...

O ja we didnt need lights or i never bothered....time 8h22...

2014 headwind first 105km....finish time 50min slower than '13....needed lights in last 10km to finish in the new Single track built along railway line....so unnecessary...

Good luck to all.

there the 22nd...