Trans Baviaans 2015

hboli4

What is the setup like at the end? Is there a spot to take a nap whilst you wait for the family to come pick you up? I'd probably be thirtsy too...

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finish is at the Fountains Mall so a big parking lot available. Beer tent and Spur stall also available.

Place to nap...if you don't mind sleeping in the tent or anywhere alse in the mall space.

What is the setup like at the end? Is there a spot to take a nap whilst you wait for the family to come pick you up? I'd probably be thirtsy too...

Shame man, how long must you wait?

Yes - there is beer at the end... after Baviaans and a few beers, you'll be able to nap just about anywhere!

Shame man, how long must you wait?

Not sure if I'll have to wait, probably not. Just want to know what the setup is like in the event that I'll have to. Staying in St. Francis so there could be a minor delay.

Hi Denis B - we entered a 4 man team and two members got injured so only 2 left. Depending on what time you're looking at you more than welcome to do a slow ride with us. Target anything from 16 to 18 hours if all goes VERY well.

Certainly interested in joining you. Have not ridden event before so do not know what my time is likely to be but your target sounds about right. Let's talk - my number is 083 300 7101. email braithwaite@intekom.co.za.

Broker dis baie nice van julle om Denis te help met n plek!!

Net een groot plesier  Ons gaan om dit te geniet so hoe groter die groep wat saamry en ondersteun hoe beter.

The camaraderie is one of the best aspects of an event like this and what I enjoy most about cycling. One year(Langsbaviaans) we assisted a team to finish, one of the riders in the team broke all his lights in a fall and the other one's lights died at about 03.00 in the morning. We rode together and finished - at 08.00 the morning...

About two years ago we took in a 'straggler' whose other team members quit at various stages and he wanted to finish but was alone.

Great memories. 

I will be waiting at fountains next sat night for my boyf if any other hubbers will be around plz let me know. If i havent packed my bike up already i might ride jbay bike park that afternoon.

Not sure if you can change it but I have a 2 team entry for 15 Aug 2015.

Anyone wants it?

Mail me willie@idpcontracting.com

Had to withdraw this year due to injury.

Yup it can be done.

Whoever takes over the entry - can be done at registration on the Friday in Willowmore. The rider(s) taking over needs take ID (& maybe a letter of releasing the entry to a "new team") & to pay a R150 per substitution as well as must have a CSA licence otherwise they won't accept it or do it....

Hi guys,

Last chance to order personalised mugs with team names on the reverse side. The mugs are sandblasted with the design, so even if the paint comes off the design is permanent. Price per mug is R30. We will have all our designs in limited quantity at the race on Friday. Depending on interest we will return the following Friday for the 2nd Baviaans.

Thank you for the interest so far, good luck!

Des

post-32833-0-30383800-1439198104_thumb.jpg

post-32833-0-34996300-1439198116_thumb.jpg

post-32833-0-91450800-1439198127_thumb.jpg

Broke my collarbone and partners have decided to pull out. - so entry for the 22nd available. Anyone interested? Even have a farm booked nearby for the Friday evening?

Broke my collarbone and partners have decided to pull out. - so entry for the 22nd available. Anyone interested? Even have a farm booked nearby for the Friday evening?

Is this a freebie? :whistling: :ph34r:

Archived