The Cradle is Insane

Paul Ruinaard

Thats why i did the MTB race on Sun.... It was safer......  :devil:

And i did not have to fight with chops going the wrong way on the MTB track.... again.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is our club and I can assure you that riding like that is not the norm and definitely against our club ride rules. Thanks for letting us know I will take it up with all the ride captains to ensure that this don't happen again.

Great to see issues like this being addressed, good on you:)

This is our club and I can assure you that riding like that is not the norm and definitely against our club ride rules. Thanks for letting us know I will take it up with all the ride captains to ensure that this don't happen again.

Great to see issues like this being addressed, good on you:)

This morning the cradle was an absolute circus and for once it wasn't the noobs to blame. Came across this cyclelab bunch, some of them riding 4 abreast. When a lady politely asked them to try stay in single file one of the guys responded "what is this a f#@$ing race".

I hope either you or one of kronies read this post because you sir are a massive douchebag.

My question is simple, what was the person doing that took the photo. I hope he was stopped and if so the group had just overtaken him. If you look to the front of the group they are moving back to the left. Also is it not possible that because of all the slower riders in the cradle at the moment that the group had over taken the person with the camera at the ready but also saw a very slow group up ahead.

Also look clearly at the people in the group, they are not a CycleLab group but a group with a few Cyclelab riders.  

I hope he was stopped 

And if stopped then I hope not stopped in the cycling lane...  :devil:  :blush:

I live in the cradle .. and even though I mostly MTB , (I will sometimes do the cradle on tar) getting into town on a weekend is a nightmare. I am surprised there have not been more accidents ... why do road cyclist have to ride 4/5 abreast ... ? 

Road closure? what about people living there? I mean really ... 

Just teach the masses to respect the rules of the road and there will be no problems....

My question is simple, what was the person doing that took the photo. I hope he was stopped and if so the group had just overtaken him. If you look to the front of the group they are moving back to the left. Also is it not possible that because of all the slower riders in the cradle at the moment that the group had over taken the person with the camera at the ready but also saw a very slow group up ahead.

Also look clearly at the people in the group, they are not a CycleLab group but a group with a few Cyclelab riders.

I took the photo myself after having to pass these guys on the left. I pulled over and took it on my phone. 90% of the group was cyclelab so I would see that as a club ride. The second time I passed them is where I heard the cheeky comments. If you read the comments you will see that it wasn't only one person that saw this group using the whole lane.

No need to blame shift.

If the guys didn't ride like idiots, he wouldn't have had to take a picture.

Its simple, when a group of cyclist ride selfishly/dangerously nothing good comes of it.

Why do cyclist have to be crappy to "noobs" . You were all there once. Rather than being arrogant help them learn without a knobbish comment. The attitude of cyclist towards other cyclists is the big problem with cycling. Everyone thinks

they are better than the others or that roadies are better than Mtb. Most of us are amateurs , the prima donna attitude needs to be flushed out. Buzz in the cradle is rad. Families getting outside and doing something healthy. It's what cycling is all about.

Why do cyclist have to be crappy to "noobs" . You were all there once. Rather than being arrogant help them learn without a knobbish comment. The attitude of cyclist towards other cyclists is the big problem with cycling. Everyone thinks

they are better than the others or that roadies are better than Mtb. Most of us are amateurs , the prima donna attitude needs to be flushed out. Buzz in the cradle is rad. Families getting outside and doing something healthy. It's what cycling is all about.

OK.

"I took the photo myself after having to pass these guys on the left."

Noob lesson number one.

You are there to ride, not take pictures.

Never pass on the left hand side of anything!

Rad outlook bru  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

OK.

You are there to ride, not take pictures

Or you could be there to ride AND take pictures. It is, after all, a free world.

Enjoy! :-)

This morning the cradle was an absolute circus and for once it wasn't the noobs to blame. Came across this cyclelab bunch, some of them riding 4 abreast. When a lady politely asked them to try stay in single file one of the guys responded "what is this a f#@$ing race".

I hope either you or one of kronies read this post because you sir are a massive douchebag.

I don't condone swearing at anybody on the bike. We are all there to get fit and have fun. My issue with this picture however, is that it looks to me like the Cyclelab bunch are overtaking a group of riders who have chosen to ride right on the edge of the cycling lane. As we have all pointed out before, if you overtake a group on their left, there is a greater chance of a crash. 

Because Cyclelab have such a distinctive kit, everybody is quick to blame them. I do not believe that this picture demonstrates anything other than the fact that a group of riders riding 2 abreast happen to be overtaking a slower group of riders.

Drove to the Cycle fair and was amazed by the arrogance of a group riding with black and Red VO Jerseys. Rode 4 to 5 abreast taking up the whole cycling and normal lane! 

Being a cyclist myself, I felt irritated by their arrogance and can understand why normal road users Hate "us Cyclists".

These guys?

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k570/patchelicious1/VO.png>

I have no idea why people complain about the motorists in the cradle.

I struggled to find Nirox as I was going to the Cycle Fair.

The cyclists ride like pigs, I almost got the impression they feel the road belongs t them and them only.

It does on the weekend

Archived