The 36One MTB Challenge

TrailWarrior

M girlfriend and i are tackling Breedts Nek + mini Beedts twice this next weekend Saturday for training.

Should you be intersted in meeting there at 06:00 for 06:30 please pull in or drop an email.

2 laps of Breedts is a good idea on what your legs will feel like in the 36one ride.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year I ran 1 light on my bars ,this year will take two lights so will have a total of 4 lights taking the wife's lights into consideration.The 1 riding in front will ride with a light,the 1 at the back will follow the red light.

Will not wear a headlight again as neck muscles take a beating.

I have 2 battery packs for my handlebar light. Will keep a headlight in my backpack in case of a mechanical (heaven forbid) or any other emergency. A battery pack lasts 6hrs on full. I hope that's enough! Will swop battery packs at Checkpoint 1.

Eish the 1x10,wind and rain are not good friends hard ride this morning,was ready to stay in bed but the slave driver (wife) kicked me out! :(

Will not wear a headlight again as neck muscles take a beating.

I was going to ask about feasibility of a head light for such a long time - second battery pack it is then.

Does the same not apply for a backpack/camelback? I usually ride with three bottle cages, but started to consider taking a camelback. The only problem is my lower back took a beating in last year's Trans Karoo at the 200km mark and I'm therefore reserved to add any avoidable weight to my body.

After realizing the above and the distance difference of the 36One vs TK I have frantically started looking for core exercises. And I survived my first google/homebrew pilatus session last night.

I was going to ask about feasibility of a head light for such a long time - second battery pack it is then.

Does the same not apply for a backpack/camelback? I usually ride with three bottle cages, but started to consider taking a camelback. The only problem is my lower back took a beating in last year's Trans Karoo at the 200km mark and I'm therefore reserved to add any avoidable weight to my body.

After realizing the above and the distance difference of the 36One vs TK I have frantically started looking for core exercises. And I survived my first google/homebrew pilatus session last night.

We just used bottles last year,I will however monitor the weather and if it is anything like last year pack my Camelbak for collection at Checkpoint 2 for the ride over Rooiberg to drop it off at Checkpoint 3 Calitzdorp,if weather ok I will go bottles

planking  :thumbup:

M girlfriend and i are tackling Breedts Nek + mini Beedts twice this next weekend Saturday for training. 

Should you be intersted in meeting there at 06:00 for 06:30 please pull in or drop an email.

2 laps of Breedts is a good idea on what your legs will feel like in the 36one ride.

Where will you be starting from ? Keen to join for some of it...

ONE month to go!attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I'll be down there over Easter and will ride Rooiberg in both directions as well as the last leg from Calitzdorp via Groenfontein and Kruis Rivier.

I'll also ride Seweweekspoort and Swartberg over the weekend. I can't wait....

Edited by eddy

I'll be down there over Easter and will ride Rooiberg in both directions as well as the last leg from Calitzdorp via Groenfontein and Kruis Rivier.

I'll also ride Seweweekspoort and Swartberg over the weekend. I can't wait....

Let us know what the road surface of Rooiberg looks like! Enjoy it!!

Where will you be starting from ? Keen to join for some of it...

Buddy we are parking at the farm up the road from the Breedts sand-road start.

We are getting to the farm at 6:00 for 6:30 cause its roughly 4+ hrs for one lap including mini breedts..2 laps is basically the whole day gone.

I am putting feelers out there if there is anyone looking to purchase a solo entry into this year's 36One event as well as 3 nights accommodation from (checking in 17th - checking out 20th) ..... I might have to pull the plug on this one. :wacko:

Substitutions can only be done up until 31 March 2015

PM/Inbox me for details