Groenkloof

Natashap

Will be riding for the 2nd time at groenkloof. I want to know if you can do klapperkop together with this route. If yes..... please give directions, is klapperkop a diffrent place

Klapperkop is on the opposite side next to Waterkloof golf estate.There is no direct route ,you will have to leave groenkloof and ride around to Kk .Around fountains is risky .Safer way is to ride next to Waterkloof airforcebase and then next to R21

As Blitzer says: opposite sides of a busy road and the entrances on the "wrong" sides. Voortrekker Monument also very close by (and underrated).

Vortrekker Monument will soon be an official park as well with marked routes. Groenkloof had some security issues in the last month and they are busy sorting that out

Vortrekker Monument will soon be an official park as well with marked routes. Groenkloof had some security issues in the last month and they are busy sorting that out

Voortrekker Monument was always a "marked route" but fell into a state of disrepair, are they repairing it?

Please elaborate on the Groenkloof security issues I ride there often and I am unaware of anything over the last month.

Fountains isn't being maintained at all.

We rode it last weekend and I couldn't believe how they've let it deteriorate.

And we heard someone was bikejacked there recently

Fountains isn't being maintained at all.

We rode it last weekend and I couldn't believe how they've let it deteriorate.

And we heard someone was bikejacked there recently

Yip while Groenkloof is still safe Fountains becomes more dodgy by the day.

When commuting past the area on the Gautrain every day I see more and more suspect characters in the general area.

I did Klapperkop and Groenkloof this morning well and the western part of centurion not that it matters. I am very maybe too familiar with the area so after klapperkop (I stayed on the tar there) I went down the R21 highway to fountains entrance as it is the only gate opened during the early weekday mornings. I got there about 05:30 and about 5 cars were parked with people getting ready or already on the trail. From fountains entrance  you go left on the tar road but keep going right in a longish loop untill you get to the Groenkloof boom. Like other sugested rather not go exploring singletrack before you passed the boom and is inside Groenkloof.

What bliss that time of morning with so little people around and all the animals so at peace.

Still need to be vigilant out there guys, there has been 2 incidents recently in Groenkloof confirmed by Dawid recently, a kid was chased by guys in a car but he evaded them and another rider was relieved of his possessions but not his bike as I understand it. This was 1pm on a Saturday afternoon on the trail next to the fence that borders the tar road from Fountains to Groenies after you go down the wooden bridge as I understand it, so thinking they got through or jumped the fence there.  https://m.facebook.com/groups/134361270058168?view=permalink&id=350645395096420 

Also saw this now but may not be inside 

On Pta East Facebook page:

The Bester family of 3 were robbed this morning @ 11h00 from their personal belongings in the Groenkloof Nature Reserve while cycling near the Fountains circle. We have posted guards to patrol the area and they will be on site for the weekend. The family is ok but shaken up from the bad ordeal.

Voortrekker Monument was always a "marked route" but fell into a state of disrepair, are they repairing it?

Please elaborate on the Groenkloof security issues I ride there often and I am unaware of anything over the last month.

I also don't know of recent problems. I never go to Fountains anymore though.

Edit:I didn't see the above posts.

Still need to be vigilant out there guys, there has been 2 incidents recently in Groenkloof confirmed by Dawid recently, a kid was chased by guys in a car but he evaded them and another rider was relieved of his possessions but not his bike as I understand it. This was 1pm on a Saturday afternoon on the trail next to the fence that borders the tar road from Fountains to Groenies after you go down the wooden bridge as I understand it, so thinking they got through or jumped the fence there.  https://m.facebook.com/groups/134361270058168?view=permalink&id=350645395096420 

Also saw this now but may not be inside 

On Pta East Facebook page:

The Bester family of 3 were robbed this morning @ 11h00 from their personal belongings in the Groenkloof Nature Reserve while cycling near the Fountains circle. We have posted guards to patrol the area and they will be on site for the weekend. The family is ok but shaken up from the bad ordeal.

Not to play the boy/car incident down, perhaps it was legit, but I'm of the opinion that a couple of coincidences got the lad's imagination running wild. I read somewhere an investigation of the event showed that the suspect vehicle had a male and female occupant and they likely had alternative riding on their agenda. Following a kid on a bike to the reserve exit was, in my mind, just a coincidence.

The comment "belongings in the Groenkloof Nature Reserve while cycling near the Fountains circle" needs some clarification...

Archived