Since when does rookie cyclist snot rocket in a bunch, what about Ebola and other viruses

janneman72

Riding a race on Saturday, the guy in front of me permanently snot rocketed in the bunch, spraying everyone behind him. He could've moved over to the other lane or fall back in the bunch but he didn't. After the 3rd time I had a little chat with him, obviously a rookie of note.

It's absolutely disgusting and what about viruses, Ebola etc?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Rookie?

What does that have to do with manners or common decency.

A Rookie?

What does that have to do with manners or common decency.

The guys who have been riding a long time look over their shoulder, fall to the back of the bunch or move over to the other lane. I've never seen someone riding for 10 years+ who blow their nose in mid bunch.

You did the right thing, but to late.

Rookie, having never been in a bunch, might not have thought through what he was doing.

So good on you for guiding him on the correct bunch etiquette. Its how things should be done, the experienced guide the un experienced. Its just you waited a few snots to many :)

so enlighten a non roadie....what is the general rule of thumb for farting in the pelaton?...is there a differentiation between those loud ouderless ones and those quiet silent killers?

He was a rookie and in front of you..... Just saying.

Correct! Sondela is a very-very flat race and the guys only start to split after 20-30kms perhaps.

He was a rookie and in front of you..... Just saying.

Don't you normally let the rookies pull you along??

Stretch, on 30 Oct 2014 - 2:39 PM, said:

so enlighten a non roadie....what is the general rule of thumb for farting in the pelaton?...is there a differentiation between those loud ouderless ones and those quiet silent killers?

No.... better out than in.... :)

Sharing is caring and all that.....

No.... better out than in.... :)

Sharing is caring and all that.....

hey dont you have a hangover to nurse ?

Slowbee, on 30 Oct 2014 - 3:01 PM, said:

hey dont you have a hangover to nurse ?

No.... more like an entero virus....

Actually the first BD I have spent with any of my siblings in about 20 years.... and had 2 of them around to boot... total damage count was 1 bottle of red and 2 1/2 beers between 5 adults... from 5pm till 10....

oh - and about 10 espresso's... so all in all a pretty quiet evening....

Riding a race on Saturday, the guy in front of me permanently snot rocketed in the bunch, spraying everyone behind him. He could've moved over to the other lane or fall back in the bunch but he didn't. After the 3rd time I had a little chat with him, obviously a rookie of note.

It's absolutely disgusting and what about viruses, Ebola etc?

people still perform such primitive actions? shouldve shot a rocket at his snot rocket  :drool:

Archived