The "I hate Specialized" Bandwagon...... what's the deal?

L.T.G

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the type of riding YOU do. Just because we don't have ski lifts is no reason for us not to have a healthier trail/gravity culture...I think to a large extent the marathon culture is a self perpetuating marketing exercise. We only have these races therefore we only need these bikes. We all have these bikes so we only need the races to suit them. My 2c.

Also as far as the I hate specialized stereotype...I often come across spez riders and they are the personification of the "all gear and no idea" tag, and then there are others who straight up school me on the trails!

I ride marathon type stuff, not because its what I want to do but because there arent any trails suited to the more fun stuff here.

If I was in the WC then marathon would be the last thing on my mind!

And I mean NOBODY...

the fact that its marketing is using lines from  DIRTY DANCING FFS, THAT ALONE WILL MAKE ME SELL THE BIKE

the fact that its marketing is using lines from  DIRTY DANCING FFS, THAT ALONE WILL MAKE ME SELL THE BIKE

is this better?

post-8892-0-54427200-1450350190_thumb.jpg

how's this one?

post-8892-0-72009000-1450350531_thumb.jpg

My current grip with Spez is they have 2 awesome tubeless road tyres that have massively good reviews and not one in any of the concept stores in CT knew what I was asking for (most thought I was wanting a tubbie), not one bothered to offer they'd find out from the suppliers and when I bumped into one of the agents they just shrugged their shoulders as to if they were even going to order some..."maybe give us a call in Feb or something". 

At least, no-one can accuse Spez in not having a sense of humour.

I like the fact that they're obviously taking the P!SS

Bike launches and ads are SOOOOOOOOO SERIOUS...and we all know seriousness is stupidity sent to university.

Bike launches and ads are SOOOOOOOOO SERIOUS...and we all know seriousness is stupidity sent to university.

:whistling:  :whistling: :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:  

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2015-09/24/10/enhanced/webdr15/anigif_enhanced-5045-1443105799-3.gif

maybe they suggesting its the perfect chick/ poppie bike :ph34r:

That's probably why it's perfect for me then....  :eek:

Archived