The "I hate Specialized" Bandwagon...... what's the deal?

L.T.G

We hate you because or your inappropriate use of a rear DR as a bike stand..... and that stem....

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!! :devil:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We hate you because or your inappropriate use of a rear DR as a bike stand..... and that stem....

In defence on the rear DR. You are getting tripped up by an optical illusion. The wheel is resting against the cushion, and the DR is not touching.

As for the stem, it's people with short stems that complain about people with long stems...

Never owned one so can't comment BUT I went into the Tygerberg Spez shop the other day to ask for a bike box. Manager was friendly and happy to assist me even though I did not buy anything. 

In defence on the rear DR. You are getting tripped up by an optical illusion. The wheel is resting against the cushion, and the DR is not touching.

As for the stem, it's people with short stems that complain about people with long stems...

Which wheel would that be? :)

Stem length is related to purpose... so my personal set vary from 35mm to 120mm.... but that bike deserves a shorter stem.... especially seeing as it has riser bars on it.... and while you are at it.... fit wider bars too...

Which wheel would that be? :)

Stem length is related to purpose... so my personal set vary from 35mm to 120mm.... but that bike deserves a shorter stem.... especially seeing as it has riser bars on it.... and while you are at it.... fit wider bars too...

I hear you. I have as of yet only spun the wheels 3 times, and we are still feeling each other out. I duly intend to shorten the stem and maybe drop a riser or two. I am still trying to come to grips with the suspension travel etc. etc.

The bars are already pretty wide. I am pretty certain they are 740-ish...? My previous HT had 680, so to me they are VEERY wide...

All in good time. 

But still, that bike is INSANE! It just rides so different to my last bike.

I hear you. I have as of yet only spun the wheels 3 times, and we are still feeling each other out. I duly intend to shorten the stem and maybe drop a riser or two. I am still trying to come to grips with the suspension travel etc. etc.

The bars are already pretty wide. I am pretty certain they are 740-ish...? My previous HT had 680, so to me they are VEERY wide...

All in good time. 

But still, that bike is INSANE! It just rides so different to my last bike.

That looks like a BIG bike - how tall are you?

I am 1.67 and run 750 wide bars on my play bike - 35mm stem.... so you can probably go wider... feels odd in the beginning, but you will thank me me after a couple of rough rides.

Setting up the suspension is interesting.... watch episode 5 of andrextr videos on youtube - actually you could watch them all if you are interested - but 5 has the how to... for the rear....

That looks like a BIG bike - how tall are you?

I am 1.67 and run 750 wide bars on my play bike - 35mm stem.... so you can probably go wider... feels odd in the beginning, but you will thank me me after a couple of rough rides.

Setting up the suspension is interesting.... watch episode 5 of andrextr videos on youtube - actually you could watch them all if you are interested - but 5 has the how to... for the rear....

It IS a big bike. I am 1.90m tall. I have no issue with width, but on the weekend I rode Bottelary with my boet, and after about 30km my neck started feeling strained. I am wondering if a shorter stem will fix that? It feels like I am straining too much by lifting my head to look ahead of the trail, and not in a more "comfortable wheel gazing" position. It feels as if I am leaning too far forward, causing me to be looking down, not up. This make sense?

It IS a big bike. I am 1.90m tall. I have no issue with width, but on the weekend I rode Bottelary with my boet, and after about 30km my neck started feeling strained. I am wondering if a shorter stem will fix that? It feels like I am straining too much by lifting my head to look ahead of the trail, and not in a more "comfortable wheel gazing" position. It feels as if I am leaning too far forward, causing me to be looking down, not up. This make sense?

Try a shorter stem - 50mm - it's that or your helmet peak forcing you to look up higher than normal when riding.

Try a shorter stem - 50mm - it's that or your helmet peak forcing you to look up higher than normal when riding.

I have a peak, so I will ride without that first as a cheap remedy, but still the shorter stem makes more sense.

Thanks for the tip.

@Robbie....whereabout in CT are you. I have a spare 50mm you can loan to test out the length before going shopping for a new flashy one.

I have a peak, so I will ride without that first as a cheap remedy, but still the shorter stem makes more sense.

Thanks for the tip.

Experiment with the peak a bit on the road - you will quickly see if it obstructs your vision slightly.

Still - you should swap to a shorter stem anyway for the handling improvement - somewhere between 45 and 60mm should be just right - always err shorter than longer.