94.7 Group Winning Times

rad006

Please explain to me how D group beat A groups time?

This does not make sense... I know you can push hard and die but really...I know the guys in A and they are monsters!!!

From B down it makes sense but D is like what the hell...

And in C group the winning guy was 3 mins ahead??? I highly doubt that....

post-1280-0-86828200-1416219079_thumb.png

post-1280-0-98600500-1416219088_thumb.png

Possible a group of A guys who dropped down to start in D group with a mate. DC team most likely.  Saw it happen at the One tonner  

I was in D! And got smoked!!!!!!

winning time for group G was 2:30:46

I was also in D but I was sick so got dropped early... Still did a healthy 3:11:30 not bad for coming out of hospital 3 weeks ago...

So how does a guy in G get 9mins off the Pro's?

I was also in D but I was sick so got dropped early... Still did a healthy 3:11:30 not bad for coming out of hospital 3 weeks ago...

So how does a guy in G get 9mins off the Pro's?

Probably pulled across before the M2 and went across town skipping the highway part as described in the other thread. Wouldn’t be surprised.

There is a mess-up in the start group allocation. The top times credited for the D group are actually riders who started in C - so subtract 5 min from the times. If you look at C group there are only 24 "starters" in that group.  Riders I know who started in C & have 2:38 on their Garmins are credited with 2: 33 and with a "D" start

Edited by montyzuma

The 1st guy in D(Mario Ferreira---and he is a MACHINE !!!) is my friend and I spoke to him this morning---He said his group was C !!! Not even in D !!

Probably pulled across before the M2 and went across town skipping the highway part as described in the other thread. Wouldn’t be surprised.

I drove past a guy with a race number powering along Corlett Drive at around 7:30am. I thought it to be rather odd at the time.

The seeding was a little off I reckon...I started in G and all along we were overtaking guys in A, B, C etc...some vets too. Not sure how some ppl got such high seedings because they were done by half way..... of course we in turn were being overtaken by guys in lower groups than us...such is life, but is a lil dangerous to all

I started in C and measured my time as 2:43 while the results have me as D and 2:40. Clearly a mix up, well I know my mates will check my time on Strava, no hiding there

The first D i saw rider passed the large C group on Joe Slovo. He motored past. The lead C batch guys guys also pulled ahead on the first climb, so can not gauge C vs D vs anything as the times are wrong as has been noted. As for the G group guys....... they came past me in Steyn City and was going like they had just started. Either very strong or very strong. Cant pass comment on the legality of their rides.

D Results are a Mess, they have 722 Finishers in D and only 24 in C

I rode with 2 other mates and we all started in C, who finished just behind me and they are in D results with the 4minute better time they would have got by starting a batch later. So even though they finished 1 and 2 Minutes behind me they are 200 positions ahead of me overall and 2 and 3 minutes ahead of me in results.

I am for some reason still one of the 24 in C.

I think half of A, B and C are in D results with the start time deductions.

I have mailed racetec.

The seeding was a little off I reckon...I started in G and all along we were overtaking guys in A, B, C etc...some vets too. Not sure how some ppl got such high seedings because they were done by half way..... of course we in turn were being overtaken by guys in lower groups than us...such is life, but is a lil dangerous to all

I had an A number (Last yr had a 2:26 finish) but started in D as mentioned earlier I was still very fragile from the hospital ordeal... But everyone can have a bad day... I remember passing some "Elite" and "Junior" guys at the 80km mark, they were toast... don't blame them...

Sometimes perhaps the question should be why do the guys in g,h,i etc. have such bad seedings .... :ph34r:

Sometimes perhaps the question should be why do the guys in g,h,i etc. have such bad seedings .... :ph34r:

hahaha of course this happens to...look it happens in all races but it seemed to be a much more regular thing yesterday..... there were loads of fast riders all over the place.

all in all a great day out.... my only real bitch is that silly sticker they gave for the frame....why not a proper decal that comes off in one piece.....no its got to be a crappy sticker that comes apart and requires elbow grease to get all the goo off :whistling: