Building a Cyclo Cross bike

Meerkat82

Anyone have experience with the Trigger tyre from Specialized?

image.jpeg

I am using the 33mm Trigger tyres. They are lighter than the 38's and actually measures 36 mm on a rim with 21 mm internal width. The 38's measures 37 mm on the same rim. So far no problems. Tubeless setup also a breeze.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am using the 33mm Trigger tyres. They are lighter than the 38's and actually measures 36 mm on a rim with 21 mm internal width. The 38's measures 37 mm on the same rim. So far no problems. Tubeless setup also a breeze.

Thanks. Type of mileage. Seems like the 38mm measures smaller from what I have read. Would you have pics of both mounted on a rim? Edited by LOOK695

Thanks. Type of mileage. Seems like the 38mm measures smaller from what I have read. Would you have pics of both mounted on a rim?

Unfortunately I haven't got a picture of the 38's on the rim. The 38's has got a stiffer casing than the 33's and weighs about 150 grams more. I have only done +- 1000 km on the 33's so far. No noticeable wear so far.

Edited by Jonkie

Guest notmyname

Will these work ?

Hey Eddy. What is the product code for these? Did you get them locally?

image.jpeg

nope but in hindsight a 38 would be better than my 33's. You want to sell?

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Nope, but certainly look much more the part for RSA conditions vs. the Maxxis Mimo's I got as part of my build.  Don't go less than 35 mm unless you go only for tar & smooth gravel.

nope but in hindsight a 38 would be better than my 33's. You want to sell?

Nope????. Want to buy and asking for some feedback????????

Nope, but certainly look much more the part for RSA conditions vs. the Maxxis Mimo's I got as part of my build.  Don't go less than 35 mm unless you go only for tar & smooth gravel.

Thinking the same. Not interested in riding thru serious muddy conditions; and it is winter, hence dry conditions....

Also the price seems quite reasonable

i am using it 38mm running tubless and are very happy

Thanks. How long have you been using them? Would you say that it offers good mileage?

Thinking the same. Not interested in riding thru serious muddy conditions; and it is winter, hence dry conditions....

Also the price seems quite reasonable Thanks. How long have you been using them? Would you say that it offers good mileage?

Not the mud, but the larger rocks that are an issue with 35mm

Not the mud, but the larger rocks that are an issue with 35mm

True, but I was referring more to the file tread of tyre compared to a more off-road based tyre

Hijack... :whistling:  :offtopic:

i absolutely support the cyclo cross idea for safety idea i.e. riding "next to" the road.

That said I have two "cheepies" advertised here which are not fancy and not full on cyclo cross  (yet)  but perfect for some one wanting to give this type of thing a try...

Go have a look.

Hi Guys,

I am looking for some advise, I am doing up a old road bike and want to put the biggest tyres(Cyclo Cross type) that the frame will allow on.

Is there a chart with the different tyre sizes that indicates the height of the tyre? (from the rim to the top of the tyre?)

Hi Guys,

I am looking for some advise, I am doing up a old road bike and want to put the biggest tyres(Cyclo Cross type) that the frame will allow on.

Is there a chart with the different tyre sizes that indicates the height of the tyre? (from the rim to the top of the tyre?)

Your best bet is to just check the manufacturers' sites for tyre profile diagrams. Though the ID of the rim also plays a role in this, so it might not be accurate for your specific rims.

How much clearance do you have? The CX tyre selection is rather small in ZA and pretty much everything available has been used by someone in this thread. Maybe some people in this thread will be nice enough to measure theirs if you have a specific tyre in mind.

Hi Guys,

what type of brakes does it have? road calipers? Then no way anything else will fit in there, 28mm road tyre if you're lucky.