Building a Cyclo Cross bike

Meerkat82

Some pics would be very welcome; actually, pics are compulsory!

I am stuck in the office working like a slave, hopefully I will be able to see it on Friday.... fingers crossed. The new AC Race wheels are gorgeous... sheesh...

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am stuck in the office working like a slave, hopefully I will be able to see it on Friday.... fingers crossed. The new AC Race wheels are gorgeous... sheesh...

Looking forward to the pics

I like big when boxes like that arrive for me☺️????

Speaking of boxes arriving, I received an email a short while ago that there is a such a box on its way to me????????????????????????????????

Eddy... when are we going to see said contents of said box...

I think he has taken the day off

V12 you have been very quiet... what was in the box good sir?

In the interim, I was finally able to build this and bring it home... I am blown away by how good the frame, wheels and brakes are. The cable-hydro brakes work brilliantly (TRP HY-RD). I went with the AC Race MTB wheels for longevity. They are light and roll amazingly well. I had no issues sitting in a road group this morning. A massive thanks to Eddy and Chainworx.   On the flipside of this new shiny coin, it is sad to see the Orange Cotic in a box in the cupboard. I will clean it up and post it for sale soon.

post-18547-0-09612700-1466755406_thumb.jpg

Forgive me for an advertorial in a forum.

I have 2 carbon cross frames available from incorrect deliveries.

1 x 54 from Ican, 1 x 56 from HongFu, both post mount disc brake version with fork and headset included.  Landed cost in excess of R7,500 each.

54 uses a 31.6mm seatpost, 56 uses a 27.4mm seatpost.

Best offer above R5,000 gets the frame as it will cost me to send back to China. Please PM offer.

In the interim, I was finally able to build this and bring it home... I am blown away by how good the frame, wheels and brakes are. The cable-hydro brakes work brilliantly (TRP HY-RD). I went with the AC Race MTB wheels for longevity. They are light and roll amazingly well. I had no issues sitting in a road group this morning. A massive thanks to Eddy and Chainworx.   On the flipside of this new shiny coin, it is sad to see the Orange Cotic in a box in the cupboard. I will clean it up and post it for sale soon.

I was just to slow on pulling the trigger on that Ritchey and been kicking myself ever-since. The build looks amazing, very happy for you.

He is merely being modest and does not want to upstage everyone else with the paintjob Bogus did for him.......

stunning build!!!!!!!!

Bogus's work always amazes me... worth every cent (and the wait).

Sorry Neil, same thing happened to me regarding Eddy's new build.