Building a Cyclo Cross bike

Meerkat82

V12 you have been very quiet... what was in the box good sir?

In the interim, I was finally able to build this and bring it home... I am blown away by how good the frame, wheels and brakes are. The cable-hydro brakes work brilliantly (TRP HY-RD). I went with the AC Race MTB wheels for longevity. They are light and roll amazingly well. I had no issues sitting in a road group this morning. A massive thanks to Eddy and Chainworx.   On the flipside of this new shiny coin, it is sad to see the Orange Cotic in a box in the cupboard. I will clean it up and post it for sale soon.

I saw this bike in the flesh yesterday - Jono showed me...

Awesome, beautiful, stunning - all these words spring to mind.

Wow!

Congrats!!!!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Neil, same thing happened to me regarding Eddy's new build.

When you are bored with it, we can always swap :ph34r:

I saw this bike in the flesh yesterday - Jono showed me...

Awesome, beautiful, stunning - all these words spring to mind.

Wow!

Congrats!!!!

Thanks bud. Jono seems smitten with the bike.

When you are bored with it, we can always swap :ph34r:

You have the ultimate frame and fork there sir, once built it will be the last bike that you ever need to or want to build/ride/look at

Right, box has been opened and goods expected. Must say that I am very impressed with the frameset????. Headset and spare hangers were included as promised. Read so many reports of frames being shipped and the seller does not include all specified items and purchases????

post-26136-0-03013500-1467285402_thumb.jpeg

post-26136-0-22745900-1467285447_thumb.jpeg

post-26136-0-13234800-1467285466_thumb.jpeg

post-26136-0-79956500-1467285498_thumb.jpeg

post-26136-0-40828900-1467285563_thumb.jpeg

post-26136-0-33184500-1467285585_thumb.jpeg

post-26136-0-99162700-1467285606_thumb.jpeg

Frameset is finished well. Quite like the carbon weave as well

Frame weight with all screws and seatpost collar: 1224g and fork including caliper screws and cable guides: 540g. Frame was shipped on the 16th, so about 2 weeks with EMS post and our local post office.

Just a few more items to get and considering a Bogus touch as well.......post-26136-0-15915500-1467286628_thumb.jpeg

Edited by LOOK695

Right, box has been opened and goods expected. Must say that I am very impressed with the frameset????. Headset and spare hangers were included as promised. Read so many reports of frames being shipped and the seller does not include all specified items and purchases????

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Frame weight with all screws and seatpost collar: 1224g and fork including caliper screws and cable guides: 540g. Frame was shipped on the 16th, so about 2 weeks with EMS post and our local post office.

Just a few more items to get and considering a Bogus touch as well....... image.jpeg

Nice looking frame. Is the geometry more Gravelbike or CX?

Nice looking frame. Is the geometry more Gravelbike or CX?

Thanks. More cyclo/road. Measurements quite similar to my road bike re stack and reach

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just a few more items to get and considering a Bogus touch as well....... image.jpeg

congrats enjoy building her up. Total cost if you don't mind sharing.

congrats enjoy building her up. Total cost if you don't mind sharing.

Thank you. Frameset including headset and 2 derailleur hangers was $550 excluding shipping

Gents, my size 54 Cotic X steel cx / gravel frame, Avid Shorty Ultimates, Thompson seat post, carbon fork and a set of wheels are up for sale as a bundle. want them to go to a good home. Pm me if you are interested please.

Gents, my size 54 Cotic X steel cx / gravel frame, Avid Shorty Ultimates, Thompson seat post, carbon fork and a set of wheels are up for sale as a bundle. want them to go to a good home. Pm me if you are interested please.

Ag no Man!!  What is this "size 54" !? :(   I need a 56. 

This will be awesome. Wish it was my size. 

Good luck with the sale.  :thumbup: