Building a Cyclo Cross bike

Meerkat82

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those look great.

What was the reason for mechanical over hydraulics?

I am trying to keep costs down but also to get best value for money. Also the spyres receive good reviews

I like this

RLT9_7_938x540.jpg

This one for me????

post-26136-0-24122500-1450448268_thumb.jpeg

Stock only available next year end January beginning February????

Edited by LOOK695

• 3 weeks later...

Ryan....any news on those wheels ?

I have just read the tube ride report - any news on those wheels or just get the flow ex from cwcycles?

Ok guys, i need some help.

I sold all of my bikes when i moved EXCEPT my Cube All Mountain 650b.

That bike is awesome, but its definately more for bikeparks and enduro style riding.

Its not the sort of bike that you jump on and pedal down your driveway and go exploring on in the suburbs.

Also, in wintertime here, i plan on using a set of Rollers to keep my fitness up (thanks intern for the idea) and there is no way the cube is gonna work there.

I was thinking of getting a road bike at first. But i have spent so long on a MTB that i am worried that the road bike will be too harsh a ride.

Then i thought of getting a CX or Gravel bike. A sort of go anywhere, do anything kind of bike that can be used in the suburbs and parks and even on rollers.

But i am on a budget. Until i establish myself in New Zealand financially, i cannot risk spending too much here.

Here are some of the bikes i am considering

http://www.evolutioncycles.co.nz/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=47211

http://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/cycling/road-bikes/medium-53-56cm/auction-1012386593.htm

So my two questions are:

1. is my logic and reasoning sound WRT a CX/Gravel bike instead of road?

2. If yes, what would you suggest in a possible bike to buy?

Thanks

Ok guys, i need some help.

I sold all of my bikes when i moved EXCEPT my Cube All Mountain 650b.

That bike is awesome, but its definately more for bikeparks and enduro style riding.

Its not the sort of bike that you jump on and pedal down your driveway and go exploring on in the suburbs.

Also, in wintertime here, i plan on using a set of Rollers to keep my fitness up (thanks intern for the idea) and there is no way the cube is gonna work there.

I was thinking of getting a road bike at first. But i have spent so long on a MTB that i am worried that the road bike will be too harsh a ride.

Then i thought of getting a CX or Gravel bike. A sort of go anywhere, do anything kind of bike that can be used in the suburbs and parks and even on rollers.

But i am on a budget. Until i establish myself in New Zealand financially, i cannot risk spending too much here.

Here are some of the bikes i am considering

http://www.evolutioncycles.co.nz/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=47211

http://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/cycling/road-bikes/medium-53-56cm/auction-1012386593.htm

So my two questions are:

1. is my logic and reasoning sound WRT a CX/Gravel bike instead of road?

2. If yes, what would you suggest in a possible bike to buy?

Thanks

Between those two I'd say the Jamis would suit your needs better. Not sure about the Claris components though - but those could be upgraded in time.

Giant also make an Anyroad (I think it's called that) which good offer good value.

Have a look at the Spez Diverge range too. I think there's a 105 model which is good value and is really a bike that can take you on a gravel adventure and then join the road club the next weekend.

Between those two I'd say the Jamis would suit your needs better. Not sure about the Claris components though - but those could be upgraded in time.

Giant also make an Anyroad (I think it's called that) which good offer good value.

Have a look at the Spez Diverge range too. I think there's a 105 model which is good value and is really a bike that can take you on a gravel adventure and then join the road club the next weekend.

Thanks.

The giant is not available here and the spez is 3 times my budget.

It is nice though. [emoji1]