Momsen Backlog!!??

GlockG4

Hi ordered a momsen vipa xt large about two and a half months ago and the dealer told me there is a huge backlog for the bike. I am stil waiting for the bike, but I have not seen any large vipas in any other stores. This is a VERY big problem for me because I am doing the Deser Dash in 2 weeks time, the main reason for buying the bike, and my current bike, Giant anthem x, cracked and I am now on 4 weeks waiting for any tipe of reply from them as well. Does anyone know what is going on with the momsens, or who can I give a call, PLEASE this is now a BIG problem.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

victims of their own success - can't tool up to provide more volume now that they seem to have hit a winner?

PS it also involved a new Vipa (warranty claim)

Seems to be a crazy amount of Momsen warranty claims nowadays. 

Lots of cracked frames (not just carbon, alu too).

I know 2 guys that I ride with quite often waiting for replacement frames on Vipas. Maybe thats why they cant supply the shops, they too busy replacing warranty frames.

I am not 100pc sure but as far as I know you cannot get an XL yet.I would suggest you phone them directly to check.

He is looking for a large. Not xl

Ok after phoning almost everyone in south africa and the dealer...the first 2015 vipa shipment is arriving on the 8th. I am leaving for Namibia on the evening of the 9th so no dice. I am now contemplating having the bike shipped to Windhoek and meeting it there, if at all possible, what do you guys think?

I know 2 guys that I ride with quite often waiting for replacement frames on Vipas. Maybe thats why they cant supply the shops, they too busy replacing warranty frames.

NEVER :eek:  I thought that only happens to the 'Big S' frames :ph34r:

Yip, they have a reputation of not being the best after sales service agents out there.

Here's my STR Momsen frame. Look how skew the rear bottle cage rivnuts is on the frame. :eek: post-14677-0-63052000-1417436650_thumb.jpg

post-14677-0-12570100-1417437058_thumb.jpg

They replaced the frame for me and guess what, the second one was precisely the same. Got a call from our local Momsen agent and he told me that every single one of the STR frames they have in stock is the same and they can refund me as it's not worth the trouble for them to send it back to their suppliers.

So basically they told me that they are going to continue selling these frames as if nothing is wrong and I was the first person ever to have a problem with this. :thumbdown:

Ok after phoning almost everyone in south africa and the dealer...the first 2015 vipa shipment is arriving on the 8th. I am leaving for Namibia on the evening of the 9th so no dice. I am now contemplating having the bike shipped to Windhoek and meeting it there, if at all possible, what do you guys think?

Sounds like a gamble - too many variables.

Phoned momsen again, apparently a shipment arrived last week, but the containers where blown of the ship by some hectic storm, hence the delay. The dealer that I ordered the bike from offered me a hardtail bike that I can borrow for the race (brand new). I think this will be my best option, as all my friends have medium frames. I cant seem to get hold of Giant to find out what is going on there(really starting to dislike them). I know I can buy another bike but I really want a vipa and I know I will just hate myself if I pitch up at the next race and I see a guy with a vipa knowing I would have had mine by now. Will update as it goes along.

Archived