Orthopedic surgeon needed. URGENT

Meentb

Also the Barrow brothers in Sunninghill. I went with a bad back and after an assessment of xrays and mri, I was send off to physio and the to the biokineticist for lots of hard work. Sorted me out properly. But in the end, it really depends what's wrong with you I suppose...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the replies guys.

I suffered massive stomach pains initially. Then I got the back pains. I've had a CT scan. Gastroscopy and tomorrow I'm off to a MRI.

Will know for sure what my fate is tomorrow. At this stage it indicates to be a compression fracture.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

I suffered massive stomach pains initially. Then I got the back pains. I've had a CT scan. Gastroscopy and tomorrow I'm off to a MRI.

Will know for sure what my fate is tomorrow. At this stage it indicates to be a compression fracture.

are you taking anti inflammatories?

and crap rugby :thumbdown:  :blush:  :blush:

only certain players/mullet wearers

http://www.sarugbymag.co.za/images/made/images/uploads/blog/HougaardSydney_MahlanguBackpagePix__620_395_s_c1_top_top.png

Hi guys.

I injured my back last week and have been suffering extensively since.

I need a good reference to a surgeon with a good knowledge with regards to back injuries.

If someone like V12man can give a reference that would be awesome.

Dr Johan Nel at Pretoria East. He just did my spinal fusion (well 6 months ago) and I am seriously happy. PM me for his office number. Take it from me, having seriously buggered my back up, don't mess around.

Dr Francois Theron Muelmed/ Montana

Dr Ettienne Coetzee Pretoria East Hospital

Dr Ian Zondagh Unitas

Beware: Pretoria is known as the spinal surgery capital of the world - LOTS of surgery done here...

Agree.......some unnecessary.

Eeish sorry to hear man, hope it ends up being a solid dose of rehabilitation and no surgery. Lucky we have thehub swarm with its braintrust to help out :)

are you taking anti inflammatories?

Current dosage.

Tramal 100mg 1 tab every 8 hours.

2 panado's every 8 hours

Celebrex 200mg every day

Nexiam 40mg. 1 tab twice a day

Also the Barrow brothers in Sunninghill. I went with a bad back and after an assessment of xrays and mri, I was send off to physio and the to the biokineticist for lots of hard work. Sorted me out properly. But in the end, it really depends what's wrong with you I suppose...

+1 They have fixed me and my mates up plenty. Offroad bikes and Road Racing injuries.

Current dosage.

2 panado's every 8 hours

Celebrex 200mg every day

Anything before the sore stomach?

That lot could Definately alter your state of consciousness. ...

Current dosage.

2 panado's every 8 hours

Celebrex 200mg every day

Topzole before the Celebrex?

I drank 2 cataflams before the sore stomach. Was then told that the cataflam burnt my stoms have. Immediately stopped the cataflam.

I've noticed that I do get the stomach pains every time I ate. I have started to eat less and less. Fear of having those mad pains again.

I've seen so many medical practitioners and we have deduced that the stomach pain can be a reference (verwysde) pain coming from my back.

I'm off to have a MRI at 10:00 to establish if the compression in my back is a new injury or an old injury.

Edited by Meentb

Surgery was recommend to me when I fractured my vertebra on the t7 in a car accident years ago. I declined, doc said I would have issues etc etc ...

I have been mountain biking and Karting. Cant recall these mentioned issues ...

Good luck, hope they find whats wrong, hope it's not to serious.

G

I drank 2 cataflams before the site stomach. Was then told that the cataflam burnt my stoms have. Immediately stopped the cataflam.

I've noticed that I do get the stomach pains every time I ate. I have started to eat less and less. Fear of having those mad pains again.

I've seen so many medical practitioners and we have deduced that the stomach pain can be a reference (verwysde) pain coming from my back.

I'm off to have a MRI at 10:00 to establish if the compression in my back is a new injury or an old injury.

Apparently we're also the cesarean capital of the world, in the monied classes that is.

Its the safest way to have a baby.