Ironman SA 2015

Snytjie

Question: there is a massaging service in T2, right?

During all my 180km bike rides I come off the bike feeling as if my hamstrings were surgically shortened during the ride. I suppose it is to be expected, but I was wondering if a little massage would ease one better into the run.

If there is, do you use it and is it worth spending the extra few minutes?

If you battle with your hamstrings then try spend as much time as possible in your tribars on the bike. It will load your quads and take the pressure off your hammies and hopefully save them for the run.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a silly question to ask.... if I pump up my tyres to 10 bar in JHB and drive down to the coast, what will the tyre pressure be there? will in increase or decrease.... (I was in school a long time ago so please forgive the stupid question)

thanks

Will decrease but its a little complicated.

Easy way to remember it is.  Did you ever watch that RedBull Stratos thing where the guy jumped out a air balloon on the edge of space.

If you watch that you will see the higher the guy went the more the air balloon expanded.

Will decrease but its a little complicated.

Easy way to remember it is.  Did you ever watch that RedBull Stratos thing where the guy jumped out a air balloon on the edge of space.

If you watch that you will see the higher the guy went the more the air balloon expanded.

I thought the same thing but I bought a set of wheels last week that came with tyres on them.

Im in EL and they were from JHB. Im almost surprised they survived getting here because they were at a crazy pressure when they arrived.

Whenever I travel through different altitudes I always lower my pressure to about half just to be safe.

Good luck everyone, hope you smash your PBs and if its your first; you don't set too good a PB... need to smash it next year.. :thumbup:

They are busy resurfacing the last section, bit late. It is a lot better though.Feels faster,not sure about smoother.

Which section is this  - Sardinia to the university?

One day ... When I lose my mind...

The desire for me to loose my mind is already there, however the mood fluctuations of my wife are stronger at the moment. So the plan for me will be 2017

Which section is this  - Sardinia to the university?

I'd say they did the middle 75% of Marine Drive. Rode it on Saturday morning last. I'm not overly impressed... on places it just feels like they painted the road black. Not smoother at all really, and other sections do feel a very, very little bit smoother. But its still the "rough" tar, not "smooth" tar that you'd see like on a highway.

So last night went for a last swim in the pool. And in the middle somewhere my Garmin Fenix 2 just freezes up completely and went black. Nothing worked. Left it for about 2 hours, and suddenly it came back to life. So now not really sure what to make of it. Hope it's in a better mood on Sunday...

Good luck all !!.. you guys inspire... so much so have signed up for the 70.3 in Durbs having never done a tri before  :ph34r:

Good luck all !!.. you guys inspire... so much so have signed up for the 70.3 in Durbs having never done a tri before  :ph34r:

Awesome, that Durbs one looks really good. Get some sprint and olympic races in first if you can, they give you a better idea of what to expect.

Awesome, that Durbs one looks really good. Get some sprint and olympic races in first if you can, they give you a better idea of what to expect.

Doing a sprint at Germiston next month and then at Sun City in May :)

Archived