Ironman SA 2015

Snytjie

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys where is a good place to get my bike washed and lubed in pe. On my way up now and bike got caught in a lot of rain on the back of the car so filthy now haha?

I have a silly question to ask.... if I pump up my tyres to 10 bar in JHB and drive down to the coast, what will the tyre pressure be there? will in increase or decrease.... (I was in school a long time ago so please forgive the stupid question)

thanks

Will decrease, but if they are inside the car, let them down a bit anyway. I once had a tyre explode right behind my head due to the increased heat in the car. Not funny at the time.

Guys where is a good place to get my bike washed and lubed in pe. On my way up now and bike got caught in a lot of rain on the back of the car so filthy now haha?

Roll of paper towel and some Mr Min. Wipe clean only. Lube the chain. I would not let a mechanic near my bike with 3 days to go.

Don't use Mr Min on the rims!

Roll of paper towel and some Mr Min. Wipe clean only. Lube the chain. I would not let a mechanic near my bike with 3 days to go.

Don't use Mr Min on the rims!

Thanks Dave. Will do

haha ditto...I spent last night cleaning my bike

Not sure what everyone else's weather forecasts are saying but it looks like a light westerly on Sunday according to windguru.

I really hope that is the case for everyone competing.

I'd say they did the middle 75% of Marine Drive. Rode it on Saturday morning last. I'm not overly impressed... on places it just feels like they painted the road black. Not smoother at all really, and other sections do feel a very, very little bit smoother. But its still the "rough" tar, not "smooth" tar that you'd see like on a highway.

Absolutely, ride this most mornings and agree 100% that seems more of a paint job than actual resurfacing.