Tell you what....If I decide to ride up from Fish Hoek and explore and there is a trail which is unmarked with no signage or warning signs I'll prob decide to ride up it and when two self appointed custodians come and lecture me about it and call me a c*nt I'll tell them to piss off

Were you there?

The aggression and first swearing came from the Bianchi rider but don't let that stop you being the self appointed guardian of this thread.

There are three people that know what happened, and you are not one of them, I only got stroppy when he had a pop at my 11 year old.

The facts are - 

1. He was in the wrong

2. He knew it

3. He didn't care

4. He thought that being aggressive would get him his way

5. He got back what he gave and didn't get his way

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were you there?

The aggression and first swearing came from the Bianchi rider but don't let that stop you being the self appointed guardian of this thread.

There are three people that know what happened, and you are not one of them, I only got stroppy when he had a pop at my 11 year old.

The facts are - 

1. He was in the wrong

2. He knew it

3. He didn't care

4. He thought that being aggressive would get him his way

5. He got back what he gave and didn't get his way

No I was not there.......all of us know what happened ...you told us.Agreed, his aggression and behaviour was unacceptable.He should have just ignored you and carried on

No I was not there.......all of us know what happened ...you told us.Agreed, his aggression and behaviour was unacceptable.He should have just ignored you and carried on

So despite being wrong and it being a safety issue he should have just carried on?

Wow that is special.

So despite being wrong and it being a safety issue he should have just carried on?

Wow that is special.

Guest Omega Man

Tell you what....If I decide to ride up from Fish Hoek and explore and there is a trail which is unmarked with no signage or warning signs I'll prob decide to ride up it and when two self appointed custodians come and lecture me about it and call me a c*nt I'll tell them to piss off

Why are you defending someone who is clearly in the wrong? It doesn't make sense.

That trail has been a DH trail forever. And it's well known to be a DH trail.

There is signage on the trail at most of the intersections. If the signgage isn't there it's cos the Babs pull it out.

Myle's is/was an honorary Sanparks ranger and a very active member of the building community on that mountain so he's hardly self appointed.

If you do head over from Fish Hoek to ride please respect what you now know to be a dh only trail. There's also Chris Nixon's pump track close by and super fun to try out. Also if you are in Fish Hoek there are some jumps and a pump track on Kommetjie Road close to the running club. You should check them out.

Wow that is special.

I think you are missing the point.Not everyone is a member of a club or the Hub and understands right of way,and reads this thread,and as in my case how must I know that I am not allowed to used the trail if its not marked.Then someone comes along and lectures me.I'll get rightly pissed off.

Anyway  I would recommend those signs be cairns and of a more permanent nature so adoons cant swipe them

Why are you defending someone who is clearly in the wrong? It doesn't make sense.

That trail has been a DH trail forever. And it's well known to be a DH trail.

There is signage on the trail at most of the intersections. If the signgage isn't there it's cos the Babs pull it out.

Myle's is/was an honorary Sanparks ranger and a very active member of the building community on that mountain so he's hardly self appointed.

If you do head over from Fish Hoek to ride please respect what you now know to be a dh only trail. There's also Chris Nixon's pump track close by and super fun to try out. Also if you are in Fish Hoek there are some jumps and a pump track on Kommetjie Road close to the running club. You should check them out.

I know the area well.However I would have absolutely no idea which specific track we are talking about here unless its marked.As for the pump track the haul up Ou Wa Pad will normally satisfy me.

Golefty has a point which is valid

I think you are missing the point.Not everyone is a member of a club or the Hub and understands right of way,and reads this thread,and as in my case how must I know that I am not allowed to used the trail if its not marked.Then someone comes along and lectures me.I'll get rightly pissed off.

Anyway  I would recommend those signs be cairns and of a more permanent nature so adoons cant swipe them

In all honesty if I am riding along and somebody tells me it is 'out of bounds' I will turn around and go back.

The signage there is a whole process with Sanparks and has to fit certain criteria, and there isn't much the baboons won't take to pieces.

Regards the lecture it started with something along the lines of "Sorry mate this is a downhill only trail" which was rapidly escalated by his bad attitude.

Please go back to page one of this thread and see my first post - I tried to get everybody to part amicably and he wanted none of it. 

The difference between you K'wurm and this guy is that it may never have got heated because you don't seem to have the same indignant attitude this guy showed. 

The signs are fixed now. Time to relax again..

post-13110-0-78009800-1420111791_thumb.jpeg

post-13110-0-27140600-1420111789_thumb.jpeg

Guest DieBees

Time to build a bridge and get over it please.... i agree with pain and shine.

Krans: i fully agree with your perspective, but that is the general case, which has no application in this instance. insisting on your perspective however, only serves to generate confusion and aggravation, as the specifics of the situation described in the OP is very clear to all, and even admitted to by the Bianchi rider.

I'm sure we all can agree that in general, and outside of the situation described in the OP, you are 100% correct. But as you can see, its just causing further and unnecessary argument.

The difference between you K'wurm and this guy is that it may never have got heated because you don't seem to have the same indignant attitude this guy showed. 

attachicon.gifIMG_2133.jpeg

attachicon.gifIMG_2132.jpeg

/thread locker required :P

attachicon.gifIMG_2133.jpeg

attachicon.gifIMG_2132.jpeg

Until Adoons and his pals come visiting.

I am suprised that they tear down the signs.

Are you sure its not that bunch of dog walkers that were causing problems before?

Krans: i fully agree with your perspective, but that is the general case, which has no application in this instance. insisting on your perspective however, only serves to generate confusion and aggravation, as the specifics of the situation described in the OP is very clear to all, and even admitted to by the Bianchi rider.

I'm sure we all can agree that in general, and outside of the situation described in the OP, you are 100% correct. But as you can see, its just causing further and unnecessary argument.

Agreed.

Anyway off Topic.These and the regular fire fighters from the Southern Peninsula are my current heroes.They need all the support they can get.Just now Tokai is threatened and they will step up.

https://www.facebook.com/VolunteerWildfireServices

post-523-0-50569700-1420113199_thumb.jpg

Archived