Mountain Biker attacked and robbed in BLUE Hills , MIDRAND

filipaz

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mate I get cold shivers.

I had a close shave with four of them last year.

I am waiting for the day that a cyclist will shoot one of these bastards.

I will have a pint on his demise.

So sorry to hear about this.

Best wishes......

Sorry to heard man, but very glad that you are still alive. Would you mind giving us a bit more detail on how it happened, did they jump out of the bushes and push you off your bike?

I'm really sorry about your ordeal, I know we can't always be grateful and thankful for sparing our lives as we really shouldn't have to go thru these experiences at all.

Take care and I wish you a speedy recovery.

That's horrific man, hope you heal up soon. Looks like your helmet took some of the strike/blow.    

really sucks bud, its sad to say but you actually one of the " lucky" ones, you still alive

i must say i am surprised no overly PC tree hugger has not  chirped yet about this

This morning 01.01.2015 at around 8am VILLAGE RD.,BLUE HILLS ( next to R562) I was attacked by TWO BLACK GUYS. They stole my bike – SPECIALIZED EPIC COMP 29″,Garmin GPS EDGE810 and all sensors that came with Garmin - See more at: http://roadsafety.co.za/2015-01/mountain-biker-attacked-and-robbed-in-blue-hills-next-to-r562/#sthash.EcJPmx8r.dpuf

yes its descriptive but there is always one,,,

heal soon sadly your face will heal before sense of calm when ridding

really sucks bud, its sad to say but you actually one of the " lucky" ones, you still alive

i must say i am surprised no overly PC tree hugger has not  chirped yet about this

This morning 01.01.2015 at around 8am VILLAGE RD.,BLUE HILLS ( next to R562) I was attacked by TWO BLACK GUYS. They stole my bike – SPECIALIZED EPIC COMP 29″,Garmin GPS EDGE810 and all sensors that came with Garmin - See more at: http://roadsafety.co.za/2015-01/mountain-biker-attacked-and-robbed-in-blue-hills-next-to-r562/#sthash.EcJPmx8r.dpuf

yes its descriptive but there is always one,,,

heal soon sadly your face will heal before sense of calm when ridding

That is the scary part, the mental scars

All the best Filipaz, did you report the attack to the police...for what its worth at least to have it documented?

Sjoe, that's a lot of stitches, gives new meaning to the word unibrow :(

Jokes aside I hope your mind and body heal up soonest. Need to bring back capital punishment or at least chopping off a hand or so. We are sitting ducks on our bikes, when I ride near bushes my Spider senses are always on red alert, though sadly to be honest there is not a whole lot you can do to guard against a surprise attack when you are riding a bike.

I ride the area a couple of times week for the last few years but always try stay away from the Blue Hills side and stick to the main trails in Sun Valley, Inanda Base and Minandi.  I watch all pedestrians very carefully because I trust none of them. But I am 115kg of pure muscle so perhaps a little intimidating. Its happening everywhere now, even Cape Town is having big problems with bike jackings. We cant just ride anywhere we want anymore, its totally out of control. Bro, I hope you recover ok and get back on the bike soon. 

I ride the area a couple of times week for the last few years but always try stay away from the Blue Hills side and stick to the main trails in Sun Valley, Inanda Base and Minandi.  I watch all pedestrians very carefully because I trust none of them. But I am 115kg of pure muscle so perhaps a little intimidating. Its happening everywhere now, even Cape Town is having big problems with bike jackings. We cant just ride anywhere we want anymore, its totally out of control. Bro, I hope you recover ok and get back on the bike soon. 

YOU ARE ASSUMING THESE CREATURES GIVE A FLYING VAAAARK ABOUT SIZE

their tactic is simple, cowards who prey on the element of surprise and the fact that you on 2 wheels, no matter how beeeeg you are if you caught unaware you going to end up with a spade in your face, lying on your back saying

"black belt huh???" uh huh "brick"

i stopped riding motorbikes because i got away many years injuiry free and considered myself lucky as far as motor bikes are concerned, lately i think you stand more chance of going injuiry free climbing back on a motor bike

Archived