Mountain Biker attacked and robbed in BLUE Hills , MIDRAND

filipaz

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like from the @bicyclesafetysa tweet they have caught the buggers......

Do share some of us are not on tweet or vleisboek

If the OP took the "selfies" right after the attack, I assume that his cellphone was not "nationalised", together with his bike. Makes you wonder whether these cretins had a specific brief to steal a high-end bike. 

Looks like from the @bicyclesafetysa tweet they have caught the buggers......

That was my tweet .

A few years back my one racing partner (Troy)  and my friend Nathrix were jacked by two guys.

A week and a bit later we found the one bike with another unidentified bike.

A few days after Troy and Nathrix the comedian Kevin Perkins was also attacked.

Same two guys.

A week prior to that  a good lady friend of mine was beaten and attacked by the same two guys .

She identified them by these pictures we took when they were caught the first time by a guy called Andy.

They were arrested and were set free not too long after.

We set up Bicyclesafety S.A. with myself, Carpet , Nathrix and Troy and also managed to get Carte Blanche on board.

There have been numerous attacks since then and everyone gives the same description which leads us to these same two clowns .

I saw Filip this morning, stitches on the forehead and still very swollen.

He described the perp's and I sent him the pics and he identified them as his two attackers .

Some deep and true words here. Why must we give in to the perps? If we avoid a hotspot then it means "they" have won? Not so? We will eventually stay home.

Im not saying take up weapons but why must us as honest people (poepols) give in to these flippen criminals?

You make a good point ~ nobody wants to back down to these cowardly bastards,

BUT

At the end of every ride, we expect to return home safely. Deliberately increasing the odds that we don't, by riding in known high risk areas, is not smart imo.

That's my take on it anyway. Being there for my family is far more important than defiantly putting myself at risk because I "dont want to give in to the perps"

The Police didn't "have enough evidence"

All you need to have is the owner of one robbed bike to testify that they were robbed by these arseholes and you'll have enough to substantiate charges of aggravated robbery. 

Sooner or later a cyclist is going to shoot these guys when they try and take his/her bike and then we will be portrayed as d00ses in the media again.

I say "her" too as I met a Tannie from Pretoria who rides with a 38 tucked into her bib... Yoh!

If it's known where these guys operate from, why not organise a show of force? Drive them out - you'll need to do it a few times, but maybe it'll work.

Guest notmyname

Necklace the bliksims. The heart ache and trauma these kunts have caused is reason enough.

Archived