Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you have the PC box running kodi in another room, and struggling to get the kore app to work, what other options are there to control kodi ?

And is there a showmax plugin yet ?

What about a wireless keyboard? (Would depend on the range though.... Same applies for Bluetooth) I believe that you can get wifi keyboards as well??

Range is about 6m, but the thing is hidden round the corner form the TV.

what you using to control kodi? a wireless keyboard?

If so, connect a long USB female/male cable to the kodi box, run cable around from the corner to in line with tv. plug wireless usb receiver into usb cable

Now you pointing remote at tv rather than trying to point around the corner whilst also trying to see what is happening on the screen

Shaper I was wanting to use a Tv remote type thingy is possible. Something to select the videos with and also music.

Dont really want a keyboard lying around in the lounge.

Takealot seems to have a cheap (R199) IR thing that plugs into a USB port on the PC and then a cable to the front of the TV. Exactly as you describe.

Might be worth a bash.

Shaper I was wanting to use a Tv remote type thingy is possible. Something to select the videos with and also music.

Dont really want a keyboard lying around in the lounge.

Takealot seems to have a cheap (R199) IR thing that plugs into a USB port on the PC and then a cable to the front of the TV. Exactly as you describe.

Might be worth a bash.

For kodi you are better off using a mini wireless keyboard as you will need to type when setting up, need it for search and also for a lot of the menu commands

A mini wireless keyboard is not much bigger than a normal remote

things are getting heavy, time to call in the big guns.

The PC (not laptop), windows 10 is running kodi. With a monitor.

I plug in the HDMI and run this to the TV, things get funny. At first I just mirrored the screens - but the resolution was all out. 

When I try do it as a second screen, the resolution is all wonky. What is the best way to do this ? I would like two screens so on the smaller screen I can play around and sort things out with kodi - but want the telly as the projector and be able to select movies, music etc.

As far as I understand (working off of Windows 7 settings here) if you extend the displays (Control Panel\Display\Screen Resolution) then you can run different resolution settings on both screens (Assuming of course that you have dual monitor capability on your graphics card).

Not sure if you can run two instances of Kodi together on the same PC and have them run independently though...

thanks Grebel

want to run kodi off one monitor and other stuff of another monitor.

a bit of google suggests the TV may be the issue as the graphics card of the PC might not be able to handle it

thanks Grebel

want to run kodi off one monitor and other stuff of another monitor.

a bit of google suggests the TV may be the issue as the graphics card of the PC might not be able to handle it

Slowbee I doubt that you will be able to use two different programs at the same time anyway (i.e. be able to drive Kodi in the lounge as well as surf the net in the other room) even if you have two different pointing devices attached at the same time like a corded mouse and a 2.4Ghz remote.

Pretty sure you could use the screens separately in different rooms with separate devices at different times however

Maybe try and adjust the resolution settings on the TV to compensate for the card? Alternatively a new card may be in order.... HOWEVER it would probably be cheaper and easier to just buy an android TV box and install Kodi on that and run it separate from the PC

can you install apk's? - like tenplay or bbc iplayer etc

and you own local media server - how do you access that? through kodi?

I have a question reagrding the BBC iPlayer @Stretch:

What are you using it for? Is it for the catchup?

I have a question reagrding the BBC iPlayer @Stretch:

What are you using it for? Is it for the catchup?

yebo - at the moment, I pretty much watch the following the day after they aired:

Graham Norton

Top Gear

The Disappearance

and then whatever other documentary or drama i find interesting

Stretch,

When I tried it, I was told it won't work in SA. Do you use a Virtual IP address like Unotelly for that?  If so, which one?