Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

I will not cut my cables, Openview is free, and they have some channels that is watchable, like the kiddies one just to keep the little one busy.

But I installed Kodi last night on my gaming PC. Getting a 20m HDMI cable to link the PC to the TV. Will then use my wireless gaming control to operate from the coach. Must say I'm impressed with Kodi so far

For Openview, do you need to reposition your satellite dish, or does it use the same satellites as DSTV?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For Openview, do you need to reposition your satellite dish, or does it use the same satellites as DSTV?

Thats how I have it yes. Just plug in your old DSTV cable into the openview, and it should work. The openview decoder is R299, so will buy one and give feedback

Being an online gaming addict or even when downloading content from restricted sites, it is very difficult to resist any form of delay in downloading, watching live stream or even playing newer versions of web games. Therefore, in order to interact and play with gamers around the world you may necessitate to go around the confined admittance with the top 5 VPN around

I've been making use of it for quite a while. I would gladly like to know your thoughts.

You selling something?

A decent internet subscription as well as a BBC or Netflix subscription will sort you out. 

Steaming sports online is also possible and you can pay a once of fee for events. 

Netflix is also great for the whole family! 

Being an online gaming addict or even when downloading content from restricted sites, it is very difficult to resist any form of delay in downloading, watching live stream or even playing newer versions of web games. Therefore, in order to interact and play with gamers around the world you may necessitate to go around the confined admittance with the top 5 VPN around

I've been making use of it for quite a while. I would gladly like to know your thoughts.

Adding to this, anybody using a VPN service, and what are the benefits, except for watching apps like Hulu, USA Netflix ?

Adding to this, anybody using a VPN service, and what are the benefits, except for watching apps like Hulu, USA Netflix ?

I do. Main benefit is to watch channels that are geo-locked.

But, the other day my ISP started shaping my data (although they denied it) and I couldnt even stream DSTV, so I used my VPN to connect to one of the SA based servers, and streaming was back to normal.

Just plug n play.

No changes required. I've had mine about 2 years, haven't watched it often, but now that they have BBC WorldNews, it's on quite a lot.

Otherwise use my LeelBox!!!

Webafrica have well provisioned  Capped packages - 300GB about R300 pm

also find out about 20 Mbps and 40 Mbps VDSL Line speeds with Telkom

I am very happy with 20 Mbps - upgrading my buddy to 40 Mbps end of this month, lets see how that goes.  20 and 40 Mbps uncapped ISP accounts are expensive and unless you really need them, its overkill

Thanks. Luckily Im on a month to month contract with Telkom. Will see how much data I use in two months, and maybe opt for the Webafrica 300GB package. I see you get a 1000GB midnight surfer, that is perfect for downloading game updates

• 2 months later...

as far as I know they face the same direction

Its not "Goodbye Dstv" until you've cut the cables from the dish and heard the satisfying "click" as the side-cutter severs the cable. #nogoingback

Done it, sidecutters and all, must be over 6 months ago!

vumatel fiber line installed R1710 once off.

Vox telecom wifi router installed and set up R1700 once off

Vox telecom uncapped 20 meg line R799 pm (no contract)

Netflix account R139 pm

Youtube is a winner too! (Free)

Cancelled prob 4 x 3g data cards in devices from vodacom ( adds to the savings)

Streams to 2 smart tv setups plus ipads etc simultaneously, couldnt be happier, total win.

Only downside is that I have to go to one of our many local drinking holes to watch rugby etc as i dont have it on my TV anymore, Sweeeeeeeeet !!!

Done it, sidecutters and all, must be over 6 months ago!

vumatel fiber line installed R1710 once off.

Vox telecom wifi router installed and set up R1700 once off

Vox telecom uncapped 20 meg line R799 pm (no contract)

Netflix account R139 pm

Youtube is a winner too! (Free)

Cancelled prob 4 x 3g data cards in devices from vodacom ( adds to the savings)

Streams to 2 smart tv setups plus ipads etc simultaneously, couldnt be happier, total win.

Only downside is that I have to go to one of our many local drinking holes to watch rugby etc as i dont have it on my TV anymore, Sweeeeeeeeet !!!

You can get sport.... lots of different options

I have been using Ntv.mx but recently can not make a payment as there system is rejecting SA cards. Any one had this problem?

Edited by Flashfozzy