Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

I am starting to lean towards the H96MAX X2  Just read a review and it looks to have enough RAM, storage and USB Ports to keep one happy for a while at least. Price is also fair (About half if you go the Banggood/Gearbest/DX route but that's hit and miss with delivery...)

Here's a cheaper alternative with a little less punch but still looks good IMO

And if you haven't seen enough specs yet... 

Android TV vs MiniPC

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am starting to lean towards the H96MAX X2  Just read a review and it looks to have enough RAM, storage and USB Ports to keep one happy for a while at least. Price is also fair (About half if you go the Banggood/Gearbest/DX route but that's hit and miss with delivery...)

Here's a cheaper alternative with a little less punch but still looks good IMO

And if you haven't seen enough specs yet... 

Android TV vs MiniPC

What's Banggood's shipping like? 

What's Banggood's shipping like? 

If you use std mail it will probably be hit and miss with SAPO. Once you add priority shipping it's almost the same price as local...

Grebel,

Thanks for all your input. Just bought the H96MAX X2 from Takealot.

I'll see how it goes, but thanks again.

Awesome! Looks like I might go that route as well. Please let me know which remote it comes with?

I also joined the Data revolution last week and am now streaming , via Fibre.

I have a Xaomi Mibox 3 but have been wondering how to stream sports , I have found via google on my laptop sites where I can stream cycling but these can not be reached via the Mibox, is there another way or is the only way to do it via the chromecast from the Laptop.

For instance this weekend the cycling was not shown on DSTV now due to the golf etc, while it was streamed on Tizcycling and cyclingtoday.

I would appreciate some inputs here as my mean reason for streaming anything live wlll be cycling.

I have a Xaomi Mibox 3 but have been wondering how to stream sports , I have found via google on my laptop sites where I can stream cycling but these can not be reached via the Mibox, is there another way or is the only way to do it via the chromecast from the Laptop.

For instance this weekend the cycling was not shown on DSTV now due to the golf etc, while it was streamed on Tizcycling and cyclingtoday.

I would appreciate some inputs here as my mean reason for streaming anything live wlll be cycling.

Mobdro has many streams and sports but it's a bit hit and miss because there is no schedule. TV2 has Motogp, I know that.  

There is a UK TV Guide App on the Play Store that I find useful to see what is showing as well as what is coming up. Otherwise use the Sky Sports/ ITV site and browse their schedules.

Edit: obviously UK TV biased but helps a lot if you are using Mobdro

Edited by Grebel

https://www.livenettv.to/ has all the UK and USA sports channels.  Eurosports will cover all the cycling

As Grebel said download any of the UK and USA TV Guide apps to your phone or tablet, then you can check the schedule of what's on when

Grebel,

Just received the delivery but am hugely disappointed. The device is scratched and i clearly not new so it's going back. 

Attached is a photo of it although to be fair in real life it does not look as bad as it does in this photo. I know you wanted to see the remote so here is a photo of that too.

Cheers.

post-43622-0-14937500-1554727558_thumb.jpg

post-43622-0-49427500-1554727572_thumb.jpg

Grebel,

Just received the delivery but am hugely disappointed. The device is scratched and i clearly not new so it's going back. 

Attached is a photo of it although to be fair in real life it does not look as bad as it does in this photo. I know you wanted to see the remote so here is a photo of that too.

Cheers.

attachicon.gifscratches.jpg

attachicon.gifremote.jpg

Aah bugger, that is disappointing. On the plus side, Takealot are really good with returns so the process should be quite painless. (That is the std remote and not the voice activated one)

I messed around with my Raspberry Pi this weekend. Loaded Libreelec with Kodi 17.6

I loaded the RedvbullTV addon as well as the Youtube addon (Didn't have a chance to test them yet) and tried to load the Mobdro addon without much success.

I couldn't see my media drive over the network either.... Need to figure out why it isn't visible.

.So it's back to the drawing board for me. Perhaps for you too.

I have a Xiaomi phone so that draws me to the Mi box but one USB port - Eish!

.So it's back to the drawing board for me. Perhaps for you too.

I have a Xiaomi phone so that draws me to the Mi box but one USB port - Eish!

What about a using a USB hub? Wonder if a hub would accommodate a wireless keyboard and a HDD or two?

Other option is to have a network based HDD/NAS

I have a USB hub but as far as I know, the voltage to each device gets set as the total divided by the number of devices per port. Or something. Perhaps I should just try it. 

I wouldn't even consider a network . Or are you talking wireless?

I have a USB hub but as far as I know, the voltage to each device gets set as the total divided by the number of devices per port. Or something. Perhaps I should just try it. 

I wouldn't even consider a network . Or are you talking wireless?

No not wireless. I have run LAN cables from my router and switch through to all our rooms. Everything is wired (Except for mobile devices)

External HDD's with their own power supplies should be fine. If you are going to use flash drives than maybe a powered hub is a good idea.