Bicycle Safety Awareness Ride - Midrand

Mats

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm have to miss tomorrow's ride, unfortunately.

I have a meeting with the (safety) guys patrolling the R42 on race day (Carnival Cty Macsteel National Classic). They want to observe traffic conditions between 8:00 and 11:00 rather in the afternoon.

I apreciate your efforts, sorry I will not be able to join, am still in the mid east sand box.

Have a safe and enjoyable ride, all of you.

Nice ride this morning. Real casual pace.

With out counting I would say about 50 to 60 riders.

I am sure if we did this more often we could get the numbers up.

Big thumbs up to those that attended.

I believe the next group ride like this is in Soweto. I will do that as I have never been into Soweto.

A pleasant pedal turn :-) Thanks Carpet and Wyatt for arranging.

Let us know what come of the press.

Also let me know if you want me to autograph that picture of the two of us [emoji1]

Sorry went for second loop to up Milage a bit and than had to hustle to get to Jnr indoor soccer !

Next hub ride ?

Next hub ride ?

Thank you all for coming, I plucked up some energy to do the ride and I am glad I did.

Sorry I left Lurch, I really needed to get home and shower and lie down.

I really enjoyed the unity and the support in the group.

A massive thanks to the LAW PRINT ​team for their efforts and guidance to the back markers .

The next ride will be in Soweto, let's make this big, sorry let's make this massive  :thumbup:

Thank you again everyone .

Glad I decided last minute to go ride. I hope the message is heard and it helps. Was good to meet Filip, and his get back on his bike attitude after his attack is refreshing.

Was quite shocked to see that guy that was riding on his own that we passed. It's one thing doing it out in a controlled park environment - quite another thing out in on the remoter areas.

To the sweepers - thanks for keeping me company

Wyatt and Carpet - tx for organizing and good to finally meet you properly Carpet.

To the sweepers

You probably rode with my sister, she was way at the back too from what she said.

Did someone get a prize for the longest day..? :P

You probably rode with my sister, she was way at the back too from what she said.

Did someone get a prize for the longest day..? :P

I totally agree with the longest day prize :) And no one threw themselves over the handlebar this time ;p

one of my first group rides, one of the other ladies told me not to worry, as she held the title "queen of slow" - I totally took that title off her. Did your sister enjoy it?

There weren't that many girls riding at the back, did she have the blue or yellow kit? I did wonder, but I thought it would be a tad odd asking random strangers - "who's your brother?"

PS before you chide me about my lax resolutions - I'm on leave today :D

I totally agree with the longest day prize :) And no one threw themselves over the handlebar this time ;p

one of my first group rides, one of the other ladies told me not to worry, as she held the title "queen of slow" - I totally took that title off her. Did your sister enjoy it?

There weren't that many girls riding at the back, did she have the blue or yellow kit? I did wonder, but I thought it would be a tad odd asking random strangers - "who's your brother?"

PS before you chide me about my lax resolutions - I'm on leave today :D

What kit were you wearing? I was in the W2W jersey