Riding tunes

MintSauce

I should really be working, but I finally got an iPod a couple weeks ago and for someone like myself who is NUTS about music, having a soundtrack to ride to has truly added another dimension to the whole experience.

So, here's a random list of the tracks that flavour my rides....please share yours:

Dave Matthews Band

Anything live from the GREATEST live band EVER!!!

Muse

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Time Is Running Out

New Born

Knights of Cydonia

Stockholm Syndrome

Starlight

Inxs

New Sensation

AC/DC

Back in Black

Thunderstruck....(can't not include this one)

Audioslave

Like a Stone

Counting Crows

Daylight Fading ? Live

A Long December

Walkaways

A Murder Of One

Lynrd Skynrd

Simple Man

Marilyn Mansun

The Dope Show

The Nobodies

Rock is Dead

Daft Punk

Around the World

Rammstein

Ich Will

Chemical Brothers

Galvanise

Luniz

I got 5 on it

Everlast

What It's Like

Primitive Radio Gods

Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth With a Pocket Full of Change

Alannis Morisette

Under Rug Swept ? acoustic live

James

Getting Away With It All Messed Up ? Live

Sit Down ? Live

Born of Frustration ? Live

Metallica

Whiskey In The Jar

Enter Sandman

Fuel

My Friend Of Misery

Of Wolf And Man

Beastie Boys

Sabotage

The kILLERS

Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine

Smile Like You Mean It

Mary J.Blige

One

Korn

Word Up

Lenny Kravitz

Mr.Cabdriver

American Woman

Fly Away

Matchbox20

Long Day

Push

Silverchair

Paint Pastel Princess

Anthem for the year 2000

Semisonic

Secret Smile

Ok....there's too much. I gotta go. More later....Cya

AC/DC and Metalica for sure but donno bout that other funny stuff . I need on the road bike you need some music with serious beat to keep you awake . Me listen to FPK whenever I do decide to take the MP3 out for a ride .

Dave Matthews band...Thumbs%20UpThumbs%20Up

I like a little Pink Floyd on long training rides. And something a little harder and faster on races...Rammstein and Metallica, the killers and so on.

Oh and Ac/dc and Dire straits.....classic stuff...
Mud Dee2006-09-18 05:44:23

Yes know what you mean, particularly on the indoor trainer...

Tell me ?AC/DC Thunderstruck....(can't not include this one)?

Where did you download it from?

iTunes did not have Thunderstruck the last time I looked - imo ranks as one of the greatest "Physch you up" tunes.

I totally approve of your flavours!  LOVE Muse, and chemical brothers, Galvanise, Lenny & Mary, Daft Punk & Korn. And Dave M of course.

Sick of Counting Crows.

How about Offspring's Bad Habit?!
AND I'll ALWAYS include a chilli peppers tune (or 20)
And collective soul

Yes know what you mean' date=' particularly on the indoor trainer...

Tell me ?AC/DC Thunderstruck....(can't not include this one)?

Where did you download it from?

iTunes did not have Thunderstruck the last time I looked - imo ranks as one of the greatest "Physch you up" tunes.
[/quote']

Being in S.Africa, I can't get anything from iTunes. I download from www.legalsounds.com (DIRT cheap! )although Thunderstruck I just ripped from cd.

One of my all time fav phsych-up tunes from my downhilling days was Soundgarden. I'll check up the name of the song since i forgot, but the chorus went something like this...."I'm the one heading for the bottom, And I'm riding you all the way!"

I totally approve of your flavours!  LOVE Muse' date=' and chemical brothers, Galvanise, Lenny & Mary, Daft Punk & Korn. And Dave M of course.

Sick of Counting Crows.

How about Offspring's Bad Habit?!
AND I'll ALWAYS include a chilli peppers tune (or 20)
And collective soul
[/quote']

....like i said, i'll continue the list later since there's just too much!!!Confused

How freakin amazing are the Chili Peppers?! There are very few bands these days that can fill a single disc with rocking tunes....the Chili Peppers have the balls to throw out a double album and the whole freakin thing is crammed with absolute gems! Get blown away every time i listen to the new album....it's THE album of 06!!!

Sisters of Mercy - Detonation Boulevard, Nirvana - Aneurysm, Audioslave - I'm on the Highway, Chris Rea - Road to Hell, Sex Pistols - God Save the Queen, the Clash - should I stay or should I go, like Metallica, anything from Nightwish, Lordi - Hard Rock Halleluja

wow bruce... haven't heard mention of priest for many years!

suddenly i don't feel too old - there's someone else out there who's heard of them!

How freakin amazing are the Chili Peppers?! There are very few bands these days that can fill a single disc with rocking tunes....the Chili Peppers have the balls to throw out a double album and the whole freakin thing is crammed with absolute gems! Get blown away every time i listen to the new album....it's THE album of 06!!!

I KNOW.
I'm ADDICTED to their new album. BOTH discs fight each other to be played! Def the album of 2006.
And you're right, there is way too much awesome music to list in one shot.   

wow bruce... haven't heard mention of priest for many years!

suddenly i don't feel too old - there's someone else out there who's heard of them!

LOL

They are actually back together and gigging.  Rob Halford came out the closet!!

I grew up on Priest, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Scorpions, Motley Crue etc etc etc - good music for those indoor interval training sessions Shocked

all stuff i had in my LP collection that got swiped at rhodes.... all good stuff!

What's a "LP"? Is that those big tapes?

Just kidding SP. I still have Boston's first album and Meatloaf's Bat out of hell on LP.