Exciting news for Maroesjka Matthee - going to Track Worlds In France

Wannabe

So WAYNE what's the funny proposition and news

Just hopefully a chance for maroesjka to make some big cash.

All i can offer her is an oppurtunity.

I think she will capitalise....she strikes me as a fierce competitor.

:)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very proud of Maroesjka.

The 4m3s 20 year old record was smashed down to 3m58.7s.

Well done.

Great to meet you. Wannabe and mads.

Good bunch of people doing great things in cycling. Proud to be associated with you all.

Very proud of Maroesjka.

The 4m3s 20 year old record was smashed down to 3m57s.

Well done.

Great to meet you. Wannabe and mads.

Good bunch of people doing great things in cycling. Proud to be associated with you all.

Great meeting you too Wayne.  :D  I love it when I can put a face to a hubname - especially a well known hubber like you.

An absolute experience for me tonight as it was my first visit to the Velodrome and to top it all, I had the privilege to see how Fire brakes the record !!!

Well done Fire :clap:

Only read this thread now.  Was not on the hub a lot lately. 

Wow Wayne.  You certainly are a special person.

Congratulations, Fire!

You are in the form of your life, it seems.

Enjoy and savour every beautiful moment.

Thank you guys so much!!

It was one hell of a effort!

That was the Western Cape record that was set up by Erica Green in 1995 on the Bellvile track. I have a massive opportunity to break the National record at World Championships in France. 4:51 (2003)

I'm really excited to go for the National record. It is something that I was looking at sinceend of last year. I gave myself until end of this year to break it... hehe - well guess I'm surprising myself. Pursuit is not something I've been working on for long. In fact, its been 11months now.

When I got a coach (ServizioCorse Athlete Development-look'em up) my pursuit time went down by 27seconds in 11months. For those of you who dont know track, even 5seconds is a lot.

Pursuit is very much a mental thing as well. I'm grateful for the mental strength I got to "train" the last year as well.

Eish...now I'm blabbing a long here... Bottom line - THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT!! It really means a lot to me!

Cheers for now

Maroesjka

So right now there's some track cycling on channel 207..mostly the ladies teams at the moment.... anyone have any idea when Fire will compete. ...

So right now there's some track cycling on channel 207..mostly the ladies teams at the moment.... anyone have any idea when Fire will compete. ...

She's racing the Individual pursuit on Friday, the one where she is going for the SA record and racing the scratch race on Saturday. Will keep you guys up to date on the time.

She's racing the Individual pursuit on Friday, the one where she is going for the SA record and racing the scratch race on Saturday. Will keep you guys up to date on the time.

Cool.. thanx....????

She will be racing her IP at 16:30 SA time. The afternoon session is not on Supersport, but will be live streamed.

Archived