Modder Price Increase - @CentralParkMTB

Tbone

before there is wild speculation does anyone know the reasoning behind joggers not paying???

I'd love to know too. Seriously!!!

Can I pay half price on a unicycle???

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to know too. Seriously!!!

Can I pay half price on a unicycle???

end of the day entry INTO the park(grounds) has happened,,entry fee,,,joggers do use the facilities,(consumables) loo paper costs money and the trail where they run does need work???? workers labour costs,,,,,

it really makes no sense,,,,,,,just the volume of the runners alone,have you ever bought toilet paper for 1000 people why must only the cyclists carry everyone 

e,have you ever bought toilet paper for 1000 people why must only the cyclists carry everyone 

Check your whatsapp's.

You gonna have a lekker laugh.

(sorry the rest of you, if i post this, i will get banned)

They regularly have over 1000 park runners there - (thats every Saturday) they don't pay a cent at all, now we know where the Pot Holes are coming from? Why dont they charge them R10 a car for entry into the reserve?

i agree let the joggers spread the love a little, hell even R5 WILL HELP, why must only the cyclists pay if the argument is "its a nature reserve"

if you walk around the zoo you pay???

This, I have no issue paying the R50 as it's convenient and it's only for myself luckily. But then the roads need fixing and runners need to pay at least R10 each to get in.

before there is wild speculation does anyone know the reasoning behind joggers not paying???

Its cause the Joggers go for the Park Run and by regulation all park runs must be free.

I think modders agreed to that for the spin off business they get.  I for one only found modders mtb trail because i did a modders park run. So they are now getting repeat business from me from the free park run I did...and I'm not the only one.

Its cause the Joggers go for the Park Run and by regulation all park runs must be free.

I think modders agreed to that for the spin off business they get.  I for one only found modders mtb trail because i did a modders park run. So they are now getting repeat business from me from the free park run I did...and I'm not the only one.

OK

Just bought a new card Saturday, gonna roll down the hill and get a second card after work and avoid the price increase for another 14 rides.

And as for those joggers Saturday, don't get me started else Matt will delete my post!

Guest notmyname

Just bought a new card Saturday, gonna roll down the hill and get a second card after work and avoid the price increase for another 14 rides.

And as for those joggers Saturday, don't get me started else Matt will delete my post!

I'm going to do the same tomorrow. I'll also get one for heia incase The same thing happens there.

Exactly what spin off business do joggers bring that a cyclist will not be able to bring? The damage being done to the access road alone by the vehicles warrants a fee being charged. Think I might become a jogger who just happens to drive to jogging events with a MTB in the back of the Valiant.

I asked them on Saturday. Price increase from March not Feb so more time to get those multi passes.

I see the ladies roller derby are having to look for new premises as well as a result of the construction that has started on the precinct

I think the law protects the freedom of human movement 'runners', hence no entrance fee, as a cyclist you are classified as 'machine operator'. They law is not on our side. LOL

There are 2 points here.  1. Price increase for cyclists. 2. Use of the facilities by yoggers who don't pay.

I think it was a bit dramatic to frame a R10 increase in percentage terms.  Yes, you are mathematically correct, but come on - R10?  I'm not that fond of riding at Modders, but hell, the amount of effort put in to offer you ingrates a decent trail within 20m of most Joburg suburbs and you bitch and moan about R10?  Last I checked there was no gun held to anyone's head forcing them to ride at Modders.  Feel free to pay ZERO and ride the spruit for the six thousandth time for free!! What percentage does R10 represent in terms of the cost of your bike? It is 0,1% - 0,03% for bikes costing between R10K - R40K.

Yes, it probably would be more fair if the yoggers chipped in, and it should be raised with the modders folk - more income will hopefully result in even more trails/better trails being offered

[edit: spelling]

Joggers and general users other than park runners between 6-8am every Sat do pay. As already mentioned, park run ethos worldwide is that it's free.

Also in the 2 years ( far as I can remember) they haven't increased prices - a R10 increase in one go does seem extravagant in percentage terms but in ZARS it might not be much.

Agree that if you don't want to pay to ride there are options available, but like everything else we would expect to see where the money is going, and in this particular instance - the access road is rather pothole riddled, and the extra 800-1200 people every week aren't helping.

Please don't call them joggers! They are hardloopers, and they should contribute, in my humble opinion...

Multi-entry ticket is the way to go. I just picked up a new card for R400 (and will get another before the price increase). That's just over R28 a ride. Even if the price goes up to R500, that's just over R35, still relatively good.

I use to go ride there on Friday mornings during the winter months. My wife would Go with me but she doesnt cycle, just take her laptop and sit by the restaurant. I paid R40 to ride and R30 for her to enter..and now I find out that the runners pay nothing..wow

Archived