Karoo To Coast 2015

ErikD

So if i dont start in the A batch im have to get of my bike and push it at the Ou Wa Pad? No matter how fit or syrong you ride?

It's not about how fit & strong you are, you walk because of the 100's of less fit & less strong riders ahead of you on the  jeep track. 

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if i dont start in the A batch im have to get of my bike and push it at the Ou Wa Pad? No matter how fit or syrong you ride?

depends on how much you want it i.e. stay on your bike for as long as can, then bundu bashing might do the trick. You'll be amazed guys seeded in the A batch clogging up the trail, pushing their bikes, some are so harregat they won't even have the courtesy to let you pass. Cause in their minds if they are pushing you should also be pushing or "they paid to walk there so deal with it" attitude.

No. It definitely gets worse down the field but i dropped back to C and rode the whole way. You are better off being near the front of your group.

No. It definitely gets worse down the field but i dropped back to C and rode the whole way. You are better off being near the front of your group.

which year?

every year.

Its always been like this because the event does not attract technically proficient mtbers

• 3 weeks later...

2 weeks before the race started.

Hi Milky. Been following your comments and without a doubt it seems you are the main source of info on K2C. Thanks for the input. It will also my first K2C and longest gravel travel ever. Question..... how far into the race does one come across Die Ou Wapad?

Hi Milky. Been following your comments and without a doubt it seems you are the main source of info on K2C. Thanks for the input. It will also my first K2C and longest gravel travel ever. Question..... how far into the race does one come across Die Ou Wapad?

Right at the beginning, only a km or so on tar / gravel, then the "Ou Wapad" starts.

Still lots of guys around jostling for position, so things do get quite hectic.

Ok so I'm putting it out there.

K2C is the most boring event ever. For saving you from this boredom I am willing to relieve anyone who feels that 100km of rolling hills is not their thing.

please PM

Archived