Karoo To Coast 2015

ErikD

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep race entered, 2nd k2c for me this year...

the only race that falls on the same day as my b-day  :D

see you there...

http://s25.postimg.org/wntsamqdr/IMG_20150216_153711.jpg

Stayed in George last year & we registered on the morning of the race not sure why registration has to change venues now?

does anyone know if the road between Knysna and Uniondale will be open this year?

I drove the road from Knysna to Angie's G-spot few weeks ago.

From there I went left to Oudtshoorn direction.

Still road works, but it was all open.

Trying to find a place to stay is a bitch.

De Zeekoe Lodge in Oudshoorn is magic.

I stay there all the time.

Anyone done the camping thing in Uniondale, only 1 night and not keen on the shuttle from Knysna.... Taking a driver with......

Unfortunately won't be able to do it this year. This is the time my second child is due. Will be back next year.

Stayed in George last year & we registered on the morning of the race not sure why registration has to change venues now?

I don't see why registration can't be at a few venues leading up to race day (cycle shops around Knysna) and then at the finish & the start the day before race day. If you have registered at one of these options then on race morning all you have to do is pick up your number board.

Anyone done the camping thing in Uniondale, only 1 night and not keen on the shuttle from Knysna.... Taking a driver with......

I did the tents last year. Was very cold. Ice on the tents. Bikes are stored in the Tennis court so that's pretty secure. This year I'm staying in the hostel.

It's not a super-tough event but don't be fooled by the route profile - it's not downhill to the coast. There is lots and lots of climbing. I did 4:17 last year and it was my first attempt. One thing I learned was don't do all the work on the front as nobody else wants to share the load. I bonked at 80km and subsequently lost my chance of a sub4.

This year, the sub4 is going to happen. Have some strategy planned.

if you are regular camper & have all the best outdoor camping gear by all means knock yourself out if not get a hotel anywhere will be perfect. I camped there in 2012 & vowed never again. As Aaron said ice on the tents. That time of the year overnight in the Karoo is not a winner, for me at least.

I don't see why registration can't be at a few venues leading up to race day (cycle shops around Knysna) and then at the finish & the start the day before race day. If you have registered at one of these options then on race morning all you have to do is pick up your number board.

in that area it will be a logistical nightmare, distances are just too great. Sorry.

Unfortunately won't be able to do it this year. This is the time my second child is due. Will be back next year.

My first born came about two weeks after my 2nd K2C. I recall my wife having a list of all medical centres with contact details in Oudtshoorn, George and Knysna... just for in case.

I will be staying on my parent's farm, just 40kays from the start line. Nice warm bed, fireplace, sherry the night before, perhaps a braai with my old man. I seriously cannot think of anything better. Good times.

I will be staying on my parent's farm, just 40kays from the start line. Nice warm bed, fireplace, sherry the night before, perhaps a braai with my old man. I seriously cannot think of anything better. Good times.

Got a spare cottage on that farm? Sounds Rad!

De Zeekoe Lodge in Oudshoorn is magic.

I stay there all the time.

How is traffic on the morning of the race. Not keen on Camping in Uniondale, either looking at Oudshoorn or George.

Archived