Karoo To Coast 2015

ErikD

Nice loooong climbs and looong fast downhills with loose gravel on the corners mixed with dusty conditions.Make sure you can do 100km with ease.FUN!!!

It's the distance that scares me, longest ride thus far was 61km.

Might do it on my road bike :whistling:

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoop whoop. Just entered my first K2C. Now to start those Dorstberg repeats...

Join us on Saturday for a 100km + ride from Graanendal to Franschoek and back on the Mtb's.

Mix of Gravel and Tar, with long sections where you can ride on the gravel shoulder of the tar roads.

Hi guys,

So as a first time K2C rider I was hoping for different opinions on the training needed.

I am ideally hoping to finish in a time of 5hrs or thereabouts.

If you ride 5 hours you will spend about 4 of it climbing, not all of it steep but still climbing - that is what you must train for.

Hi guys,

So as a first time K2C rider I was hoping for different opinions on the training needed.

I am ideally hoping to finish in a time of 5hrs or thereabouts.

Steven last year was my first K2C and my first race ever. started in the G group as i hadn't done any seeding events. I managed to just finish in 4:55. finished in the top 10 of my group.

Train on long climbs, my thoughts on doing hill repeats on shorter climbs, is the rest period my rob you of your training. when you are having to ride in the dust, heat, and at the pace of slower guys infront of you, looking for gaps to pass you tend to use alot more energy, IMHO.

do a few 100km rides leading up, and do some rides that exceed the elevation gain and you will have no problem on the day.

Join us on Saturday for a 100km + ride from Graanendal to Franschoek and back on the Mtb's.

Mix of Gravel and Tar, with long sections where you can ride on the gravel shoulder of the tar roads.

Aaaaaah, I would love to Wannabe, but alas, I am unable. I am flying out on a business trip on Sunday and promised my wife I would do the Tygerrun (when I say run I actually mean walk) with her!!!! She has been moaning I spent way too much time training for Argus...and not enough time with her...just keeping the balance...

Next time?

Probably a bit early, but... I'm looking for 3 entries if anyone wants to pull out. Dankie.

I'm looking for one entry, if any person has one. Thanks

Probably a bit early, but... I'm looking for 3 entries if anyone wants to pull out. Dankie.

Hi guys, I have an entry available. PM me if interested

Hi guys, I have an entry available. PM me if interested

Thanks Winston, I will take it off your hands, my wife will be in contact with you shortly.

Anybody seeing this, with an entry or three to sell, please pm me and give me a few hours to see your pm and I will definitely take them!! I'm not able to Hub-watch all the time so missed out on the offer above. Hmmff.

And I'll edit this post once I'm sorted so there's no confusion :-)

Archived