Huddle Park MTB Trail

jbrews

Wow so they've put quite a bit of work in since we were there, was about 8km of trail at that pt, and quite boring.

Apart from not feeling it, good trails?

No dude, that included the ride from home and back. Sorry man. Should have been more clear.

The first few k's were a bit boring. Just a foot path through short grass. The last few k's were quite fun though.

About the only gripe I have, is most if the berms seemed to start too far into the corner and end too short. Don't know if it is just my inexperience though. Found myself having to slow down into the corner anyway. I like speed, and would have preferred to have entered the corners flat out and use the berms more.

Awesome that there is a trail within riding distance. And it felt very safe.

They seem to depend on honesty - lol. The guard at the gate did not even get up when I entered riding my mtb. I could have just gone in and hit the trail, then left again.

Get yo know your resting HR. Also when just sitting chilling in front of TV at night. This way I know when my 'normal' HR is above normal my body is not well or fighting something or just tired. Doesn't help you for a race day coming up, but you get to know your body a lot better ????

Seems you were spot on. Flu kicked in around 10H00 today. Explains why I suddenly felt so week yesterday. Flu symptoms were not prevalent yet, but the system was clearly shutting down.

• 4 months later...

Anybody else ridden here lately? There is a section where you ride through what can only be sewage and its just getting worse. Management don't really seem to care because its a municipal problem so business as usual I guess. Anyway I won't be back until its fixed, its disgusting and unhygienic to say the least. A real pity because although its a short trail, its convenient and fun.

Anybody else ridden here lately? There is a section where you ride through what can only be sewage and its just getting worse. Management don't really seem to care because its a municipal problem so business as usual I guess. Anyway I won't be back until its fixed, its disgusting and unhygienic to say the least. A real pity because although its a short trail, its convenient and fun.

Damn. Whereabouts? I last rode there about 2 months ago and don't remember any sewage.

Damn. Whereabouts? I last rode there about 2 months ago and don't remember any sewage.

It's only been for the last 2 weeks or so, you'll see the route has been shortened and tape has been put up which is fair enough, but later on just before the wooden bridge section where it drops off steeply to the right, you have to ride through two patches of what smells like sewage. Not pleasant.

It's only been for the last 2 weeks or so, you'll see the route has been shortened and tape has been put up which is fair enough, but later on just before the wooden bridge section where it drops off steeply to the right, you have to ride through two patches of what smells like sewage. Not pleasant.

O ok ja I know the spot. Pity because the section after that before coming out to the open again is awesome. Let's hope they get it sorted. It's not fun cleaning thick mud off the frame, sewage must be MUCH worse.

• 1 month later...

ah hell. it is short and fun this track. was gonna go there this afternoon for a quick one. always thought it was only mud there and always wondered why sooo muddy.. lol.. hope it is not sewage.. hope the wooden slats cover it so i and my bike don't touch any of the *** stuff... !

Was there last week, stench free but moist in places...

There's definitely a section that seems to get a wash of "stuff" over the trail.. Lots of garbage as well.

Lots of those wooden slats they've put in are quite overgrown as well.

Finally braved riding there from home. I did it on the pavement though - cars too close for comfort . Full lap including a bit extra on Club is 18km.

yeah seen the 'garbage'. wonder what it is and what the source is. hmm. slats are overgrown in spots yeh. i also ride there from home on quiet roads and then on the pavement where the single track path can be fun. i do about 20km and can include links ridge for a bit of a hill workout.

• 3 months later...

I rode Huddle park yesterday for the first time since the trail change and I must admit that although the route is well marked you seem to always double back over quite a few of the routes making it quite confusing at times. is there a possibility that the routes get marked with colours like at Modder and other trails? This way you will get a better idea of which split on the route to take and therefore don't get as confused.

Other than that I really enjoyed the ride. Great effort on the upgrade people!

Archived