Trans Karoo 2015

Disco man

Ok so I read in the latest TK newsletter that interaction between supporters and cyclists at the 2 spectator points is now forbidden.

I think that is kind of uncool...? Or is it just me?

Agree Da Vinci, i did contacted them and the replied back:

"I think that possibly I did not word the newsletter in enough detail.

As with all events that put up a money prize there has to be governing rules that would come into play in the case of a dispute. However, this said, the Trans Karoo by its very nature and complexity has to be governed by a set of rules but the rules will be appropriately applied.

This means that once the front runners, who are those obviously in contention for the prize, have passed through a check point with no physical assistance, the rule for that check point would be relaxed and although you receive physical help you will be disqualified from the money prize but still be in the event for the placement, time and full enjoyment thereof.

Hope this puts the enthusiasm back for both you and your supporters."

This will have an effect on the guys who are in it to win the R10k, but our team see the supporters as part of the team, so we interact with them at the SP's.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Disco for clearing that up

I remember at last year's event at the second spectator point a number of people completely skipped the watertable and headed straight for their bakkie with their family & coolerbox waiting, had lunch with their family and then continued. My riding buddy got a spare tube from one of the raceleader's wife without which he would not have been able to complete the race.

Would have been a pity if they put a stop to that.

Edited by Skubarra

They will get alot of :cursing: @#$%^& from the riders if we cant get to our supporters. I enjoyed my coffee at Spectator point 2 last year, had a AWESOME leg rub from my wife :devil:  :drool: . Not in it to win it, but in it for the hell of it. :whistling:  :w00t: . Glad it is not intended for us 14hour oakes. :whistling:  :eek:

Hope they have a WATERPOINT between WP3 and 4. That 60km stretch is gonna be :nuke: if the wind picks up. Something like the WP below Ouberg.

Hoping to get rid of this damn flu by the weekend, otherwise its gonna be a shitty day in the saddle. My money is on Appels to make it a double, hope Pansie can provide a little slip for him. :devil:  :devil:

I have a entry for someone that want to do the race. 

Did the 36one on the weekend and fell sick, manage to finish, but don't want to risk it at this stage. Think the body needs a rest. 

Looking for a lift to Sutherland from Cape Town(Brackenfell). A mate of mine needs one urgently as his riding partner pulled out due ti illness. Willing to pay towards fuel costs. He has a lift back.

I have a entry for someone that want to do the race.

Did the 36one on the weekend and fell sick, manage to finish, but don't want to risk it at this stage. Think the body needs a rest.

tempting but I see substitution is no longer possible.

Ek dink as jy hulle bel sal hulle 'n plan maak.

Did already, under no circumstances will they entertain any substitutions.

you can have it for free.(R1250) Ride on my name then, otherwise cycling is the big looser and the organizer sit with the money.

you can have it for free.(R1250) Ride on my name then, otherwise cycling is the big looser and the organizer sit with the money.

thanks for the offer will chat to the mrs tonight, logistics might be the decider.

This is on behalf of a friend!

His got an entry available, I know its on short notice, but he cant come down from Pretoria anymore to do the race.

He paid R1000 but I'm sure someone can make him a good offer for the entry.

His contact details: Jaco Hoffmann  084 4911 344

didnt even bother speaking to the Mrs, i'm going to pass on the offer, thanks anyway. logistics is just not adding up for me right now. I'm definitely fit enough to race it right now but alas. I reckon you should just go to registration anyway it looks like there is going to be a party, snacks drinks etc, collect the goodie bag & maybe give the organizer a piece of your mind for not allowing substitutions.

Can anyone help/advice on what to expect at the CP's with regards to drinks and food?

Edited by Disco man

Jiggs - your entry still available? Sorely tempted to give it a shot.

CP 1 will have fruit cake, muffins, fruit, coke, powerade and water.

CP2 will have marmite sandwiches, fruit cake, muffins, fruit, energy sweets, coke, powerade and water.

CP3 will have  a finger lunch, fruit cake, muffins, fruit, energy sweets, coke, powerade and water.

CP4 will have fruit cake, muffins, fruit, energy sweets, coke, powerade and water.