I learned something today.

Vetseun

A lot of you will probably know this already. But many of you might not.

This morning during our ride, the back wheel on my bike started deflating. Eventually we had to stop to pump it. Once pumped, I could hear air escaping. It had a puncture that the sealant wouldnt seal. I was reaching into my pocket for a plug when the only lady (tougher than most men) told me to hang on for a second. She put her bike down, walked to the side of the gravel road, picked one of those nasty white thorns off a thorn tree next to the road. She stuck the thorn in the hole, snapped it off against the tyre surface and off we went again. Very very clever I thought.

Check your slime it may look like mine did yesterday, :(

Too much bombs and not enough top ups, strip clean full up, proceed

post-34848-0-10625800-1424598373_thumb.jpg

Check your slime it may look like mine did yesterday, :(

Too much bombs and not enough top ups, strip clean full up, proceed

Eishhh! That sounds like a plan of action for me during the next few days!

Die Vrystaat. Waar die ou tannies die jong manne wys waar om die doring in te sit. Ek's bly om te sien die Vrystaat het nie verander nie ;)

Sorry for the rooinekke, but it are not translating very goodly. 

Think its acacia tortilis (haak en Steek / umbrella thorn) you are referring to. It is usually the killer of all round rubber things.

If I were planning to ride through those I'd get some of those blue permatubes that you get when you're a kid and embrace the bumps in the path.

A lot of you will probably know this already. But many of you might not.

This morning during our ride, the back wheel on my bike started deflating. Eventually we had to stop to pump it. Once pumped, I could hear air escaping. It had a puncture that the sealant wouldnt seal. I was reaching into my pocket for a plug when the only lady (tougher than most men) told me to hang on for a second. She put her bike down, walked to the side of the gravel road, picked one of those nasty white thorns off a thorn tree next to the road. She stuck the thorn in the hole, snapped it off against the tyre surface and off we went again. Very very clever I thought.

......and the lesson learned........?

Always make sure that one of your riding partners has more mechanical sense than you and half a garage on the bike..........

Archived