Kona in South Africa

Doring

Hi All

Anyone know of shops/dealers stocking the newer (2014/2015) line of Kona bikes? I've been intrigued by a lot of the newer models (Honzo, Process) etc. - all recieving rave reviews overseas, but I'm yet to see anyone riding them around here or any places selling them for that matter. Is it an issue of there not being a distributor/agent?

Looked on the Kona website and they only list a stockist in Pta, but upon emailing the guy they are also out of stock/getting rid of older models. 

Anyone can help?

Dont waste your time. I have been trying to contact the local agents for the last few weeks and have since given up. Even the international guys cant help. They keep you referring you and not willing to sell.

If you really want a kona, go thru jejamescycles.

As far as I know there isn't a Kona agent in SA but our LBS is approaching them to see if they can import them. Meeting is scheduled for next month so not sure if you're happy to wait a bit.

Always had a soft spot for Kona. Shame they can't seem to get their house in order in SA.

Should be a great brand here with decent bikes across the range and some real ripping gems in the line up.

Had a few and aways missed them in the N+1 stable once I'd moved onto something else. Still want a King Zing Deluxe for the road. Just looked great. 

Dont waste your time. I have been trying to contact the local agents for the last few weeks and have since given up. Even the international guys cant help. They keep you referring you and not willing to sell.

If you really want a kona, go thru jejamescycles.

Ditto that.

Total waste of time dealing with National.

Very unhelpful.

I have been trying to get an answer from National Cycles since they told me my warranty part was on its way in October. I will be visiting them personally this week...

Well the international guys are just as unhelpful. I was totally prepared to order me a process from Jejames, but after the lack of communication and the unwillingness to communicate I decided I am better off without a kona

Wonder what happened. A couple of years ago they were selling their stuff online, and there was even a guy from Kona Europe that was a member here selling off some old stock via their European online store.

Bought my Kona Unit from Maverick in 2012, when they were the agents. There were some undisclosed issues between them and Kona Europe which delayed my frame, but I managed to expedite my frame, by dealing with Kona Europe. After that, the agency passed to National Cycles, but there seems to be a complete lack of interest in the brand from them. It's a pity, because Kona bikes are good, honest, fun bikes.

• 3 years later...

Cameron Kley

079 299 6557

and Craig Rogers of TrailTech Cycles in Nelspruit have been very helpful so far.

Edited by Slabeye

• 5 years later...
On 2/23/2015 at 12:27 PM, Doring said:

Hi All

Anyone know of shops/dealers stocking the newer (2014/2015) line of Kona bikes? I've been intrigued by a lot of the newer models (Honzo, Process) etc. - all recieving rave reviews overseas, but I'm yet to see anyone riding them around here or any places selling them for that matter. Is it an issue of there not being a distributor/agent?

Looked on the Kona website and they only list a stockist in Pta, but upon emailing the guy they are also out of stock/getting rid of older models. 

Anyone can help?

I have a Kona road bike that has given me excellent service which, due to the road conditions here in Hillcrest, I have replaced with a gravel bike so I am seeking to sell the trusty Kona