Berg and Bush 2015

Ratty

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Entered for the descent. Will by my first B&B and looking fw to it. But first need to recover from torn ligaments and be ready for Sani2C - also my first.

Quite excited about all the new additions and the fact that this is the 10th edition.

Hoping they find a title sponsor soon. This race deserves a big sponsor.

2 day is a great event. Easy logistics and good quality weekend riding with superb hospitality. Entered again, wouldn't miss it. Buffaloes on the rampage.

What are your thoughts on entering the 2 day race? It sounds quite expensive for what is essentially 2 outrides of not very great distance.

Basically, what would normally be two R160 weekend race marathons is now going to cost R3700 per person. Is that price justified by the riding? (I don't consider the tented village as a factor because, aside from the jorl, for that price, a local hotel would be affordable).

So basically, is the 2 day race worth that whack of cash?

What are your thoughts on entering the 2 day race? It sounds quite expensive for what is essentially 2 outrides of not very great distance.

Basically, what would normally be two R160 weekend race marathons is now going to cost R3700 per person. Is that price justified by the riding? (I don't consider the tented village as a factor because, aside from the jorl, for that price, a local hotel would be affordable).

So basically, is the 2 day race worth that whack of cash?

Worth every cent. .

• 1 month later...

In for the 2 day this year, lets hope its a blast!

It will be a blast........even your GPS will prove this. You will reach speeds of up to 50-60km/h with your bike.........no effort.........on WATER..........

The usual boat crossing alone is something special to experience as part of a MTB race.

That's no lie.. my GPS had so much fun last yr, iy sommer decided to stay on the trails.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, is anyone else struggling to access the Berg and Bush website? I see the car shuttle service was meant to open yesterday but I couldn't seem to get on to the website yesterday and same problem today. Anyone else have this problem?

Hi all, is anyone else struggling to access the Berg and Bush website? I see the car shuttle service was meant to open yesterday but I couldn't seem to get on to the website yesterday and same problem today. Anyone else have this problem?

I was on early this week no problem.  Tried again now and looks like she is broken.  maybe mail them info@bergandbush.co.za

Car transfer done. Email Lise, she is the organizer for the transfer.

Lise-Marie Theron; lisemarietheron@vodamail.co.za

this will be my first Great Trek as I have done the 2 days twice and looking for more millage.

Don't forget that the price includes meals and the food is good not 5* but it is good.

Car transfer done. Email Lise, she is the organizer for the transfer.

Lise-Marie Theron; lisemarietheron@vodamail.co.za

this will be my first Great Trek as I have done the 2 days twice and looking for more millage.

Don't forget that the price includes meals and the food is good not 5* but it is good.

What's the cost of the car shuttle?

What a ride,what terrain ,if you enjoy downhill you will smile for days

Archived