Wireless/bluetooth Earphones

DJ84

I just have to give a huge shoutout to the Apple AirPod Pro’s. I got a pair in December and have not used any other earphone since! Battery life, sound quality, ease of use and the Noise Cancelling is amazing. Using the Transparency mode when in a public place is unbelievable!!

My go to cans were my Bose QC35’s. Now they are used only on long haul flights as I like and am used to sleeping with them on and for the odd occasion paired to my Apple TV when watching a movie at 2am.

The Airpod Pro’s on the smart trainer are just brilliant. No drivetrain noise and no fan/Aircon noise at all. Plus they don’t make your head all hot and handle the sweat perfectly.

I do believe Apple have hit the jackpot here, well for me at least.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought a pair of JBL Endurance Sprint earphones. I'm a big JBL fan and have many of their products, but this thing is junk. The touch controls on the unit is a mess. If you trying to adjust the volume, it either skips a song or turns off. Sound quality is not what I expected from JBL. 

Bought a pair of JBL Endurance Sprint earphones. I'm a big JBL fan and have many of their products, but this thing is junk. The touch controls on the unit is a mess. If you trying to adjust the volume, it either skips a song or turns off. Sound quality is not what I expected from JBL.

A few things I found with mine - touch control is bad. It's sensative and activated by sweat sometimes so mid interval it pauses. Especially if you're wiping sweat with a towel.

I think sweat affects the sound quality/volume. Mid session I tend to have significantly reduced volume in one ear (usually right). And if I take the loud one out and put it back in it tends to be soft (not sure if a drop of sweat is getting in the port) - was thinking of warranty/return for this, but I didn't realise you could change volume so maybe it's actually this

The connection piece is about 1cm too short to get round the back of my neck comfortably.

Battery life is about 4-5 hours ( it will usually die during my 3rd or 4th session so I don't do more than 2 per charge now).

A few things I found with mine - touch control is bad. It's sensative and activated by sweat sometimes so mid interval it pauses. Especially if you're wiping sweat with a towel.

I think sweat affects the sound quality/volume. Mid session I tend to have significantly reduced volume in one ear (usually right). And if I take the loud one out and put it back in it tends to be soft (not sure if a drop of sweat is getting in the port) - was thinking of warranty/return for this, but I didn't realise you could change volume so maybe it's actually this

The connection piece is about 1cm too short to get round the back of my neck comfortably.

Battery life is about 4-5 hours ( it will usually die during my 3rd or 4th session so I don't do more than 2 per charge now).

Mine did exactly the same. About 10min into my run the right ears volume was about half of the left ears. Luckily I returned mine for a refund. Still looking for a good pair of earphones sub R1000.

Changing the volume will not solve the problem. My review on JBL's website I stated the volume loss in the right ear

Edited by Wil6

Mine did exactly the same. About 10min into my run the right ears volume was about half of the left ears. Luckily I returned mine for a refund. Still looking for a good pair of earphones sub R1000.

Changing the volume will not solve the problem. My review on JBL's website I stated the volume loss in the right ear

Yup, same as mine..... wonder if I still have my slip....

My skullcandy Method Wireless was warranteed due to the power button collapsing, and not functioning.

Not wanting to wait for the process, I splashed on some JBL Free X in-ear earphones.

I have not taken them on the trail, as I'm sure they will fall out. I did not really get them for sports use.

They have been to the gym with me, and seems to stay put when i'm on the treadmill and doing various other floor exercises. Soond is pretty good, and battery life more than adequate.

They have a handy charging case, to keep them safe and always ready to use.

Bought the Jaybird Vista overseas last year. So far great experience and decent upgrade from my previous JBL Reflect Mini 2. (The two aren't in the same class and I can recommend both, JBL currently on Special)

https://www.incredible.co.za/jbl-reflect-mini-2-green?gclid=EAIaIQobChMInJH24dDO5wIVQ5nVCh1wYgmcEAkYDyABEgLmh_D_BwE

https://www.bigapplebuddy.com/product/8/vista-true-wireless-in-ear-headphones-black/803?child_sku=6320598&utm-medium=pla&utm-co=ZA&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3pD4stDO5wIVTLDtCh1V3gVNEAQYAiABEgIyc_D_BwE

Bought the Jaybird Vista overseas last year. So far great experience and decent upgrade from my previous JBL Reflect Mini 2. (The two aren't in the same class and I can recommend both, JBL currently on Special)

https://www.incredible.co.za/jbl-reflect-mini-2-green?gclid=EAIaIQobChMInJH24dDO5wIVQ5nVCh1wYgmcEAkYDyABEgLmh_D_BwE

https://www.bigapplebuddy.com/product/8/vista-true-wireless-in-ear-headphones-black/803?child_sku=6320598&utm-medium=pla&utm-co=ZA&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3pD4stDO5wIVTLDtCh1V3gVNEAQYAiABEgIyc_D_BwE

I hear good things about Jaybird

• 2 weeks later...

Nice recent review on the Jaybird Vista here;

https://bikerumor.com/2020/02/20/review-jaybird-vista-are-the-perfect-everything-proof-wireless-earbuds-for-cyclists/

Reviewer describes them as the perfect wireless earbuds for cyclists. Not really available in SA though are they?

I am most likely gonna go with the Apple AirPod Pro, all my devices are apple and also use the Apple TV in the trainer room. Been putting many hours in on the trainer with my 36One prep due to injury/weather/work (life) and if I decide to watch a movie I can’t hear the sound over the trainer noise without making it so loud that my wife wants to kill me.

I don’t usually listen to music while riding outside, but doing 36One solo I think I am gonna need any distraction I can find.

Edited by Knersboy

• 1 month later...

About a year ago I bought a pair of RHA MA650 Wireless Earbuds. This was after several big disappointments with other brands. I'm still very happy with them and use them at least once a week on a long ride. They're Sweat-Proof, Bluetooth in-Ear Headphones with 12hr Battery that won't get lost if they pop out of your ear. Advantages of both cabled and bluetooth. Really good sound. Tons of differently sized and shaped rubbers to fit to your ears. Worth every cent.