FTP - whats yours?

Jay_B

These are not mine...one of the fellas i follow...one day when i grow younger [emoji3]

886df6da9481fac6b4c25e60c329b9eb.jpg

55e472b58420d3f573a897e2ea3aa885.jpg

Edited by isetech

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These are not mine...one of the fellas i follow...one day when i grow younger [emoji3]

886df6da9481fac6b4c25e60c329b9eb.jpg

55e472b58420d3f573a897e2ea3aa885.jpg

250W average, for how long?

Edited by Patchelicious

Oraait

:thumbup:

FTP is 20mins avg watts minus 5%

FTP is 60 mins avg watts

THEN add your weight and divide and get the real relevant data at w/kg

If you using on the road ride data to calculate power to weight you need to add the bikes weight to your weight. Many people including coaches forget this.  

If you are using IDT data to calculate your PtW then you can neglect the bikes weight.

Edited by raptor-22

If you using on the rad ride data to calculate power to weight you need to add the bikes weight to your weight. Many people including coaches forget this.  

If you are using IDT data to calculate your PtW then you can neglect the bikes weight.

With water bottles or without?

I dont know...how ever from the little time i have spent on the cadence bike with a power meter and all the fancy bits...those numbers look good to me...or should i say a lot better than mine...riding at 37 - 40 km is not longer an issue for me at 170 watts...however to ride an avg speed of 37 with an avg power of 249 watts for 40 minutes...makes it a little more difficult...chances are this fella wasnt going full steam...he might have just been doing a warm up session ;)...i see him in the top 3 in his age group on more than one occasion.

when i first started cadence the number between 120 watt and 380 watts didnt seem that significant...then we started interval training.

With water bottles or without?

whichever makes you feel stronger

Edited by raptor-22

surely the "based on athlete weight" bit would disqualify this information?

Edited by cadenceblur

whichever makes you feel stronger

If I bump up ftp while riding my mtb can I use my road bike weight?

If you using on the road ride data to calculate power to weight you need to add the bikes weight to your weight. Many people including coaches forget this.  

I have had this same question a while ago, and it seems most calculations for the pros exclude the bike and other weights. Here is an example of Audrey Amador calculation by @ammattipyoraily. Audray weighs around 70kg.

post-12446-0-17371600-1462788924_thumb.jpg

If I bump up ftp while riding my mtb can I use my road bike weight?

whatever sends shivers down the spines of and  intimidates your riding mates.

I have had this same question a while ago, and it seems most calculations for the pros exclude the bike and other weights. Here is an example of Audrey Amador calculation by @ammattipyoraily. Audray weighs around 70kg.

I think most of the pro's have their tests done in a lab on an indoor bike hence the exclusion of bike weight. Hes weight is listed as 73Kg.

Every FTP test I've done with a coach on a indoor bike I've had to weight myself fully clothed.

On the bike I include my bike weight since bike + rider is the load my legs have to overcome

Edited by raptor-22

I also experienced a drop off in mine - took too long a break post Argus - coupled with eating etc etc  :thumbdown:

I also experienced a drop off in mine - took too long a break post Argus - coupled with eating etc etc  :thumbdown:

oh ja, forgot also picked up 15 kg....mamma se lekker kook kos