[Event] Nissan Trailseeker #2 Grabouw

WesselvdWalt

Anyone able to report what's in the registration goodie bag? Haven't bought any energy gels, and don't want to head to shops if we're getting a few in our bags anyway...

Haven't collected mine yet, but if I remember correctly we got 2 last time. Sure that doesn't really help you now though...

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a pair of sox and 1 large usn vooma gel in the goodie bag.

I also have a 40km entry if anyone is keen, the wife can't ride tomorrow.

Wow!  Really nice MTB race, but that 40km felt like it had more than 600m ascent in it.

Especially with that sting in the tail.

I smashed the climbs at around 1200m ascent onwards thinking I was going to enjoy the last 10 km descending some great single track. At the end of 1600m I was finished. I wish I had paced myself and not trusted my Garmin. Still loved the ride though.

I bailed after 55km of the 70km. 

Just could not continue.

Had heavy flu two weeks ago and I felt it today.

Got a pair of sox and 1 large usn vooma gel in the goodie bag.

I also have a 40km entry if anyone is keen, the wife can't ride tomorrow.

I quite like how the sox fit! Anyone know what brand they are?

75km's 1750m vertical ascent - dead.

great event nonetheless, now where's my brandy...

I kinda lost my sense of humour when my garmin was over 70km and all of a sudden we still get directed AWAY from the finish!

Great event though, leka tough!

Thanks for the smoothing running event this time around Wessell & Team. That Recovery sachet in the goodie bag was a winner. Some constructive critism to consider for the next event.

1. Showers, Showers, Showers!

2. Registration closer to Cape Town CBD where the "majority" can register. For this Grabouw event Somerset Wes was still a great trek, nobody is keen to drive out that way 2 days in a row.

3. No.3 escapes me now will try & remember & update later.

A big thanks to my team down in the Cape that helped being the Choc Cow sweeps on the route. You guys rocked it being busy with mechanicals and medical assistance where needed making sure all the riders get home.

Thanks everyone in the Western Cape that made a donation or donated their medal money to Choc, you guys helped us raise R7000 with todays event, you all rock.

The race aint finish till the Cows come home. Last Cows on the 70km today finished in 8hr15min. Now we can say no one here beat that in todays race ;)

Please help us make a difference and on your next entries for the Nissan Trailseeker to make a donation to us when you enter.

Thanks for the smoothing running event this time around Wessell & Team. That Recovery sachet in the goodie bag was a winner. Some constructive critism to consider for the next event.

1. Showers, Showers, Showers!

2. Registration closer to Cape Town CBD where the "majority" can register. For this Grabouw event Somerset Wes was still a great trek, nobody is keen to drive out that way 2 days in a row.

3. No.3 escapes me now will try & remember & update later.

Agree with above suggestions.

And no. 3: VIP parking for people driving a Nissan

Great event. Really suffered out there but it was the wake-up call I needed to up the training.

Awesome event guys. My saddle broke just before the last singletrack coming down on the 40k. Was not fun having to stand the last 5ks after my legs were finished.

Also help a Oom with a spez that had chain issues getting stuck betwee spokes and cassette. The uncle complained its a new bike and he is taking it back to the shop on monday. Told him to tell the shop it was a guy on a Giant that helped him! :-)

I would have enjoyed this event more if I didn't start cramping even before the 30 km mark. It turned into a long, muddy, painful ride for me. Cramped so badly that I wiped out twice. I also lost my sense of humour a bit when the climbing didn't end after 1400 metres and the extra 5 kms at the end. Great event nonetheless.