[Event] Bestmed Tour Of Good Hope

ASG

Hi guys

RaceTec have come up with a solution for the Tour of Good Hope 2017, and the timing/results/registration challenges won’t be an issue in 2017. This is due to the following:

1. All South African riders already possess a RaceTec chip. Riders without chips won’t be timed and won’t receive an official result. These chipless guys consist 90% of our overseas entrants and we will coach them at registration where they’ll be able to buy chips. The key to this process is that riders are familiar with the RaceTec process – from registration (it will alleviate bottlenecks at registration) to the end result. RaceTec do the timing for us on all our other road events and they are the best at what they do in the country. We implemented the envisaged Tour of Good Hope system at this year’s Jock and it worked perfectly.

2. No time bonuses for hotspot sprints and stage finishes.

3. We are now already starting with the education process for riders to enter into their correct categories. It’s startling to see how many riders at this level still don’t know what the difference is between a CSA membership and a CSA Racing License and so many riders still enter as licensed Vets when they should be entering the Open category. This will hopefully lead to fewer riders entering in the wrong categories and having to be reseeded.

4.       Only the 4th rider’s daily time to count in the Amateur Team Competition

These measures are all aimed at simplifying the results and timing process and we believe that with RaceTec’s assistance all processes will be fine for 2017.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the verdict for the 2017 tour? I see now they have a few places available. Any previous takers taking it up?

I haven't been on my bike since this year's addition to be honest so lots of work to do. Eeeek.

What's the verdict for the 2017 tour? I see now they have a few places available. Any previous takers taking it up?

I haven't been on my bike since this year's addition to be honest so lots of work to do. Eeeek

Well 2017 will be my 3rd TOGH & it is the one race on the calendar I won't miss. Best roads in the country & great value for money makes this the premier road stage race in SA. If you want to enjoy a proper road stage race & get to ride the best passes in our beautiful country, this one is for you!!! Lots of time in December to get the necessary pre event kilometres in  :thumbup:

My entry for this awesome event is done & dusted!!!!! Great event, spectacular scenery & roads, very good value for money = BEST road stage race this country has to offer.

Bring on TOGH 2017! I can't wait!  :clap:  :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

We are loving the Tour of good hope home screen:

https://www.asgevents.co.za/tourofgoodhope/

There is a black friday deal, R3500 for the entry!

Lol, funny how they could sway you with a little bit of PR.

Oh, the civil rivalry.

Step it up damnit!

Handbags at paces, come on!!!

can the three of us sit down Saturday night after a few too many and discuss entry conditions for next year

Lol, funny how they could sway you with a little bit of PR.

We just love seeing ourselves. 

Also, they using Racetec. 

Not sure if we will be there this year, babies, weddings, secondments and holidays getting in the way.

• 5 months later...

Did anyone here do the 2017 event? Was that field capped at 500 or 750? Time to consider the 2018 I guess but the last time I was on a bike proper was the 2016 event. Eeeeeek.

Did anyone here do the 2017 event? Was that field capped at 500 or 750? Time to consider the 2018 I guess but the last time I was on a bike proper was the 2016 event. Eeeeeek.

just check the results of 2017 on the website or racetec. Btw this is the 2016 event thread.

just check the results of 2017 on the website or racetec. Btw this is the 2016 event thread.

actually the 2015 thread.

• 9 months later...

Have an entry for this years edition for sale, super cheap R3500 full package available. Thats a R2000 discount. Else we can make a better deal excl of the goodies. Due to injury not able to ride.