[Event] Bestmed Tour Of Good Hope

ASG

Guest Lancesball

They have cut the field due to admin issues and easier to manage but they want the same profit so hence the drastic increase in fees.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have cut the field due to admin issues and easier to manage but they want the same profit so hence the drastic increase in fees.

They didnt make a profit, most of their events run at a loss. Scary when you think they are the most expensive events around. I think this is a last ditch attempt to actually turn a profit from this event.

Clearly something is not lekker in that business.

Guest Lancesball

They didnt make a profit, most of their events run at a loss. Scary when you think they are the most expensive events around. I think this is a last ditch attempt to actually turn a profit from this event.

Or that isn't true. Either way its not cool and effects riders.

They can just sell one or 2 more bikes. That will make it up quickly, :ph34r:

Edit: dont care any more

They can just sell one or 2 more bikes. That will make it up quickly, :ph34r:

they probably run at a loss selling those too  ;)

Out of interest, have you seen the income/cash flow from this specific event? Remember also, they use their events as marketing tools, thus could write it all off as a tax loss in the group.

But agree with you, I can't pin-point it exactly, but something just not lekker in that bussiness !

• 4 months later...

this thread died a sudden death

So, who's entered?

As has my interest in sending a team down for it again.....

I have not and will not enter a team again.

As has my interest in sending a team down for it again.....

I have not and will not enter a team again.

Neither are we, but that has a lot to do with another ripper arriving that month...

Must look at the whole package - what you get, then its actually a very good deal.

The only thing that I got from the last 2 ToGH races is an ulcer from the timing nightmares.

• 1 month later...

What's the verdict for the 2017 tour? I see now they have a few places available. Any previous takers taking it up?

I haven't been on my bike since this year's addition to be honest so lots of work to do. Eeeek.

Archived