[Event] Bestmed Tour Of Good Hope

ASG

Those in the open groups: what is the vibe like? I would like to do this tour one day. Just curious how the "racing" in the open groups work? Stop at water points, continue, etc. any feedback would be appreciated.

From what I have seen, some okes stop but they hammer round in a peleton. Some of them were flying on Baains today.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those in the open groups: what is the vibe like? I would like to do this tour one day. Just curious how the "racing" in the open groups work? Stop at water points, continue, etc. any feedback would be appreciated.

I got over du Toits kloof with the front group today. These are the okes who are still racing for something and the pace is really fanatic.

Did Bainskloof with the second bunch and much more relaxed. I think only the first group race. The rest of us ride. Get over the climbs together, regroup at the bottom and work together to get everyone home. Great vibe.

Today was roff. Those mountain passes are heart breaking. 3rd place in GC and KOM jersey for savage :)

Well done, you Savages

So the results are out and even more wrong, again! I pulled data from GreatTimes, and our riders times were there, but didn't make it across to the results on the website.

This indicates gross incompetence as they had the information.

I built them spreadsheets, offered my help to fix it.... Nothing!!!

Grevile is a knobhead with an attitude.

When I entered this race and accepted ASGs TCs, we entered into a contract, and this in my opinion is breach.

What an unnecessary way to ruin an entire event.

So the results are out and even more wrong, again! I pulled data from GreatTimes, and our riders times were there, but didn't make it across to the results on the website.

When I entered this race and accepted ASGs TCs, we entered into a contract, and this in my opinion is breach.

It is so bizarre

That a RACE event would have such ongoing timing issues.

We cyclists love our data, our precision, see the results of our efforts on print/log format

All the best today.

Save a match or two for the Taalmanument Wall

Another complaint. This is a horrible place for a race what with all the wine one can have.

Yes its so horrible!!!! The glass is half empty and the bottle is still half full. You are slacking there

i can see everyone sitting like this in front of their screen

http://www.california-lims.com/twins/june2006/IMG_0227.JPG

Great tour but the only thing I will ask is for the timing to be sorted and the race to start earlier in the morning.

Weather is brutal.

Oh and please can you stop running out of water.

f0d9ec4f6a3b5748a2eb43810565386b.jpg

Great day today, savage on the podium again if the organizers get round to it. Team won today and still nothing.

Not doing this again unless racetec is doing the timing.

Just been told we may not even get results today.

Come on!!!

f0d9ec4f6a3b5748a2eb43810565386b.jpg

Great day today, savage on the podium again if the organizers get round to it. Team won today and still nothing.

Not doing this again unless racetec is doing the timing.

Just been told we may not even get results today.

Come on!!!

Team FRIB or Oryx won today.... They lost a collective of 249mins on the leaders by the top 4 riders, a few mins less than you guys.

Careful there. I can't pretend to know where the issues are from my office, but he's quite a well respected guy who has put man-years into the sport.

Careful there. I can't pretend to know where the issues are from my office, but he's quite a well respected guy who has put man-years into the sport.

He was very rude to me yesterday, so I make no apologies for saying that.

Today he was a lot friendlier.

Team FRIB or Oryx won today.... They lost a collective of 249mins on the leaders by the top 4 riders, a few mins less than you guys.

The guys running the show and the announcers were very appologetic and we finally did get the red jersey, 3rd position for todays finish and winning team for the stage. 

Everyone wanting to contest the GC team comp must submit their times for each stage individually from strava and they will compile it and announce later next week. (So please email the lady everyone's times for each day)

Heard murmurs about Racetec next year :D

Besides the timing really enjoed the event!

The guys running the show and the announcers were very appologetic and we finally did get the red jersey, 3rd position for todays finish and winning team for the stage.

Everyone wanting to contest the GC team comp must submit their times for each stage individually from strava and they will compile it and announce later next week. (So please email the lady everyone's times for each day)

Heard murmurs about Racetec next year :D

Besides the timing really enjoed the event!

I'm not going to waste my time. I'm too busy enjoying the beer at Spice Route....

From the data that I sent you, I know we won the Team comp, our guys know it, so oh well....

I'm not going to waste my time. I'm too busy enjoying the beer at Spice Route....

From the data that I sent you, I know we won the Team comp, our guys know it, so oh well....

I know :)

Archived