2015 magalies monster

Runbikeswim

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you're wrong... Else I'm missing the rugby Sat afternoon

Hope you have a PVR

What a race! Completed the 80km (based on Endomondo) in 05h30. As this was my first race and not knowing what to expect, I didn't push too hard. 

I actually feel fine. I expected to be completely shattered. With the benefit of hindsight, I could've pushed harder for a sub-5 finish and still finished in one piece. Always next year.

My only gripe was that bloody sand trap between those plots. Took me about 10-15min just to push my bike through there. 

What a race! Completed the 80km (based on Endomondo) in 05h30. As this was my first race and not knowing what to expect, I didn't push too hard. 

I actually feel fine. I expected to be completely shattered. With the benefit of hindsight, I could've pushed harder for a sub-5 finish and still finished in one piece. Always next year.

My only gripe was that bloody sand trap between those plots. Took me about 10-15min just to push my bike through there. 

My first 1 as well and also held back to after the downhill of the monster climb, tried making up time from there, but could only do so much with the 45km guys creating a bit of a bottleneck on that small cement strip part near the end. Managed a 5:12 though.

Must say I thoroughly enjoyed the race! Propper MTB stuff!!!!

My GPS distance for the half marathon was 42,5 km .I was waiting for the concrete strip climb but missed it .We got confused at the section where the 45km c group  were ascending on the same trail that we came down .Was the satellite climb part of the 45km route ?.Rest was good .Will do again next year 

I am just not meant to finish this darn race.. woke up sick as a dog. . Even used my son's nebuliser with the hope of opening up my chest.. no go.. started.. at 10km in told hubby go I will turn.. nope decided lets just try.... sadly had to bail.. I was coughing more than breathing.. well done to everyone who did finish..

What a day out. My first time and felt rough from around the 30km mark. Suffered on my hardtail. If anyone picked up either a pearl Izumi arm warmer(marked on the inside for the right arm) or my ice ID please could you let me know. Byron

Must say, I was a bit disappointed by the Monster. The constant gradient wore you down, but if you kept a good rhythm it was actually easy. 

One of the most tiring sections for me was after the Breedts descent, when we entered that game farm/lodge, where there wasn't technically a trail. The only way you knew where you were going is because the grass was shorter where you were supposed to be riding. Was slow going over that grass and rocks.  

Enjoyed the half marathon, it was 42.5km on my Garmin. Saw a lot of confused people from later batches but I just ignored them and rode. Think I was fourth lady home. Should have not been so chicken and done the marathon but hey the terrain in those parts is rough,,,reports of all the sand do not warm my heart. Well organised by Stillwater as always. Also decent goody bags.

Anyone know when/where results will be up?

First monster. Held back all the way. So did 6 hours or so. Worst section was that sand section between the plots. Very challenging race.

My first long monster, awesome race must be one of the best one-day races out there. I will definitely be back.

Archived