Standard Bank Ironman 2016 (10 April)

Garfield2010

:lol: Jeepers, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Lost my 4th toe nail a while back and didn't know what the hell that was all about. Luckily when it came of there was anew beneath. Now after the weekend I have two blue nails... :nuke:

Snap! :clap:

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading this really makes me soooo excited for 2017. Just 3 months ago I was 20kg heavier and with all the weightloss I have decided to enter for 2017, paid and everything- so see you there

Go go Oakley360

You can do it!!!!

Actually cheesed off a bit, because I made sure this year to keep my socks dry during the run, but nope, still gonna lose the nails. So not sure what else to do. Maybe try different socks?

So its because of moisture? Didn't know that.

Not always the case. I had no issues with toes or chafing at al, and until now my longest running distance was 21km. But I have lost a nail with the same pair of shoes when I run harder/faster even when feet are dry. I'm new to running and I'm not the lightest guy, but it feels that when I run harder I hit the front of the shoe harder and thus put more pressure on the toes.

Don't get me wrong, wet shoes bring lots of it's own problems.

No it is when you do not tie you r shoes correctly  which causes your foot to move inside your shoe and hit the front of the shoe.

Anyone perhaps know where locally one can find a triathlon top with short sleeves? I have a Orca 226 tank top, but looking for a sleeved top. Mainly to get away from the funny sun burn marks on my back every year post IM.  :D

Anyone perhaps know where locally one can find a triathlon top with short sleeves? I have a Orca 226 tank top, but looking for a sleeved top. Mainly to get away from the funny sun burn marks on my back every year post IM. :D

try Compressport or Huub- hellishly

expensive but I have done one in a cycling top with the longer sleeves and it worked.

Edited by Wheelsuck

• 2 months later...

Ok so I'm contemplating the full in 2017 and I hear accommodation is already being booked up!!

I prefer self catering places so that I can be as paranoid about eating as possible. Where are the recommended places near to the promenade and all the action?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I'm contemplating the full in 2017 and I hear accommodation is already being booked up!!

I prefer self catering places so that I can be as paranoid about eating as possible. Where are the recommended places near to the promenade and all the action?

All the hotels on the promenade are within easy walking distance of the the start area. I have already booked my accommodation for 2017 but not yet entered IM as still deciding if I want to do it again but booked just in case. I normally stay at the road lodge as its across the road but city lodge and all the other hotels are convenient too.

Guess the earlier you book the more choice you have.

All the hotels on the promenade are within easy walking distance of the the start area. I have already booked my accommodation for 2017 but not yet entered IM as still deciding if I want to do it again but booked just in case. I normally stay at the road lodge as its across the road but city lodge and all the other hotels are convenient too.

Guess the earlier you book the more choice you have.

There a shuttle laid on from the road lodge to IM venue/transition area?  You at the road lodge at the airport?