Houw Hoek Tour 2015

Cookie88

You are more than ready. Just ride back to your car anyway. It is like 35 kays. Check us all out there. This ride is great fun. You might even find yourself going back up the hills to do them again on that kind of rig.

Thanks for the info mate.  Just worried about the second day making my way back to the start, that I'll be out of juice in the leg department.   Hope to check you on the trail.  I'll be riding the orange mongoose with orange rims. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could anyone offer a lift from Hermanus back to the Houw Hoek Inn?  Willing to give you some cash for petrol.  Thanks

All the best for this weekend guys! I will be on a red Specialized with some corporate kit! Keen to dip into a couple of beers on Saturday after the ride!

Xup. You will get sorted. Don't worry too much. Where are you staying. We are driving through Saturday afternoon sometime to drop a car off. Drop yours off and get a lift back with us. There is always a plan to be made.

Cheers Copperhead.  Unfortunately I need the car as I just organized a place to camp at Botrivier Hotel and need to stash my things.  Maybe meet up on Saturday and make a plan over an ice cold beer or two

So, What did everyone think of the ride?  Interested to hear others opinions.

Our third - different to previous two, mainly because the weather was absolutely perfect and on day 2 the fynbos and (alien) forests were dramatically blackened after the recent fires. Love these events - no racing (although everyone does on some level), lekker gees, new friendships formed. Next up the Cape Country Tour (also our third) and Greyton Tour. Wish there were more like it. Well done to the JK, Gerda and their close team for another event. 

Great event great weather second time for me , I like the new route through the gorge. Will be riding Greyton again this year

What a great weekend of MTBing. Great single track and well run by the organisers. Enjoyed all the new introductions to the routes on both day 1 and day 2. Third year for me and I will be back again next year!

This was my forth, and I know I will be back for 5 and 6 and so on, it's a fantastic ride, Left wanting more at the end of each day. The Team at MTB Adventures are fantastic, and they really do a great job.

Glen

This was the second one for me. Also very impressed with the additions on both the days and will definitely be back for next year!

That singletrack coming into Hermanus is absolutely fantastic, perfect way to end off the weekend!

It was excellent fun as usual. Like the splits for the less fit riders. We rode it all. Might have stayed at the wine stop for too long!!!!!

You? Stopped at a water point? Oh the wine one you say? And stayed too long? Noooo, not you? Never!

If you completed this and felt quite comfortable how much of -step up would it be to a 3 day race with around 70-80km a day? Just wanting to gauge as it the natural progression would be to try for a Wines2Whales entry next year...

If you completed this and felt quite comfortable how much of -step up would it be to a 3 day race with around 70-80km a day? Just wanting to gauge as it the natural progression would be to try for a Wines2Whales entry next year...

Cookie, over 3 days with a bit more distance and climbing, you just need to make sure you keep your training up through winter, and pace yourself for 3 days, Over 2 days you can definitely go harder, Day one of W2W a few yrs back, had us in the saddle for 7hrs with the rain and mud, One thing I can say is that the W2W is just a bigger version of HH.