[Event] Die Burger MTB Challenge

Dirtopia MTB Events

Did the 63km.

I had a jol....

Not to much mud, ascents were hairy but lekka.

I was also held up at the single tracks.

(The cycle coaches should position themselves on the single tracks, take the numbers of some riders and canvas them for coaching, serious....)

Saw two serious accidents.

As we started and were going past the cows a guy rode into that deep concrete water channel.

The other one went off line on a single track and connected a tree,....hard.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A n d .....  the result prove that the seeding of the event was all wrong!

A n d .....  the result prove that the seeding of the event was all wrong!

Those results are a mess. Trailtag is a joke. There was no tag point halfway. So evryone who bailed on the 50km route and then did the 30km, have fantastic times. There were loads of them.

Omg - my garmin timed me at 2.11 and trailtag says 2.35 - I dont think so - not very accurate 

There were also blokes who tagged in at their group, and then started with an earlier group. My son know of at least one such a guy that he knew started with them in the N group, but tagged in on the P group.

Did it with the family, really chilled pace on the 50km. Did the climbs at my pace and waited and took pics. There were some real race snakes in the 50km ha ha ha. There was some guy shouting keep left faster ride coming at the start of a climb. I kept left but he didn't come past :P

Had a blast on the 50km. Started in F and Had no bottlenecks. Maybe got held up for 3 - 5min in total. What bothered me was that my legs were buggered on 40km could it be that the wet sand took more out of a person than you thought?

What did you 50 and 30 km riders think of the bit through Vlottenburg Farm? After the right turn off Van Rhyn tar road till the end of the single track at the bridge over Eerste l river?

My dad built the bit of ST and wants to add more to it for next year.

Did the 60 odd km, and was really cool. the bottle necks at the end wasnt that bad and I think the organisers did a massive improvement on last year! To start 8:55 was way too late tho.

I think the course was well layed out, a bit of everything and plenty of signs directing a person. Water points nice as well. Its a pity to hear that someone got robbed of his bike during the actual race.

Felt pretty weak all week from food poisoning but did it anyway owing to FOMO :)

Not my best result and the course wasn't 34T friendly but still cracked a top 35 by the looks of it in the 60km - read 64km - route with a 3:19 at 19.2kph. Mud was crap in places and a few bottlenecks in the last 5km but this is a family event after all. Good fun.

What did you 50 and 30 km riders think of the bit through Vlottenburg Farm? After the right turn off Van Rhyn tar road till the end of the single track at the bridge over Eerste l river?

My dad built the bit of ST and wants to add more to it for next year.

Single track was nice but only as a concept tbh, since I almost walked it cant honestly comment. 30Km was at least 15km of mud or sand at one stage we went thru the river and I was overjoyed at getting bike clean just to hit more mud. In my unfit state I started hurting at 22km odd. Nice day out my dad suffered a bit. The guy that got robbed is not cool at all since they were talking about syndicates over announcement system all the time one would assume better security on route.

Yeah my name is completely absent from the results. I wouldn't care but I need it for points for discovery. Timing system could not be much worse.

I am surprised people actually still pay to enter this circus. I did the 30k last year, and swore never again, too many unskilled riders on the day make for unhappiness at the end. And those bottle necks....just, yeah! No comment.

Archived