2015 Coronation Double Century

Chris NewbyFraser

Hi hubbers....

Never done the double but always wanted to!

I really would like to find a team i can join... i live in Paarl area so any team near me please let me know. Im can do it in 6h45 (30km/h) but will even join a slightly slower team also.

Remember to save some GAS for the last 30km`s. Lekker rolling hills and always wind :devil: . The race really starts in Ashton. Awesome event, in it to enjoy it. Too old and overweight to win it. :whistling:  :eek:  :oops:  :w00t:  

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beg to differ . The DC starts in Bonneville !

If the wind doesnt blow from Ashton. :whistling:

Beg to differ . The DC starts in Bonneville !

Yupp. The right turn at the red steel bridge is where the fun stops and the DC suddenly gets hard

Any word on the event being split over 2 days?

Racers on the one day, and 'fun riders' on the other?

Any word on the event being split over 2 days?

Racers on the one day, and 'fun riders' on the other?

Highly doubt it, more likely they increase the possible size of teams to 15

Highly doubt it, more likely they increase the possible size of teams to 15

post-615-0-07772100-1433424689_thumb.jpg

Yupp. The right turn at the red steel bridge is where the fun stops and the DC suddenly gets hard

That's my target - 144kms. If I make it there in good shape then I'm on a flyer. However, if it seems a bridge too far, then I have to strategically plan my pace line ejection move. Carefully count the number of riders left (anything less than 8 an it's too late), and after one last turn on the front, kick in the clutch, slowly drift backwards, pull over to the side of the road, roll up into a ball and cry myself to sleep.

Getting it wrong and you end up crying in front of your team mates for 60kms... not too good for the reputation, or the team result.

Best race on the planet. Really enjoyed it last year. See you guys on the start line. Its funny how the pain goes away just after you cross the finish line...

...Carefully count the number of riders left ...

Getting it wrong and you end up crying in front of your team mates for 60kms... not too good for the reputation, or the team result.

So what happened last year - did you mis-count?   :devil:

So what happened last year - did you mis-count? [emoji317]

Horribly. And I wasn't alone. Two of us got our sums wrong. Our eyes locked briefly as we slipped past each other in the the pace line - sheer terror written all over our faces.

Somehow (and I think that second forced stop might hold the answer) we managed to hang in without exploding spectacularly. Even wheel sucking a guy putting out 360w for 5 minute intervals had me on my limit. My 30 second turns on the front seemed quite pansy like in comparison.

Also doing my first one this year

Target is a sub 6 :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Some serious training/pain laying ahead for me :whistling:

Remember to save some GAS for the last 30km`s. Lekker rolling hills and always wind :devil: . The race really starts in Ashton. Awesome event, in it to enjoy it. Too old and overweight to win it. :whistling:  :eek:  :oops:  :w00t:  

Anyone here taking me in??? I will battle wind for the team !  :devil:

Archived