Shimano DEORE XT 11 speed and 1x11 option unveiled

gummibear

Thx - yes I think we will be best priced online - beating the likes of CRC etc...

Not sure about this statement, if you look at CRC I could still have some change even after paying heaps to DHL for delivery. Definitely in the market......

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Med cage derailleur, shifter, XT chain and 42T cassette from R2-bike adds up to  R 3061.36.

Shipping from DHL is about R 337.15

After VAT on R3438.51 the total is about R3974.91....then you also have to add about R150 handling fee from DHL... so in total: R4125

The equivalent items on a local supplier adds up to about R4400.

I can't vouch for the accuracy of these calculations, but I'd rather pay that 6% extra to support a local supplier and know that I'd get faster and better customer service.

Now I'll go cry in the corner cause I'm not upgrading anytime soon.

Ok that's R13750 more or less for a groupset less the FD,chain, front shifter, discs and cables.

Early adopters can have this. Not much further to a full M9000 group.

Yip.  Only about R6k further... :oops:

Ok that's R13750 more or less for a groupset less the FD,chain, front shifter, discs and cables.

Or 4,780 for the cassette, der, chain and shifter. That's much better... 

Complete 1 x 11 Groupset excl Brakeset will be about R7495. Including Brakeset about R10995...

The new XT brakes looks very nice, I wonder how it will compare to the old version?

The new XT brakes looks very nice, I wonder how it will compare to the old version?

I was reading on MTBR and apparently niks

Complete 1 x 11 Groupset excl Brakeset will be about R7495. Including Brakeset about R10995...

Much more reasonable. Thats around half the current price of equivalent M9000.

Lets face it, most buyers of M8000 components are going to need either a whole groupset or at least a full drivetrain if they already have a nice brake set.

But we might have to wait a little longer. I for one would want to wait for the SGS RD. I'm a glutton for versatility and the capacity of the GS RD is only 39t. In theory this doesn't leave much scope for a 45t extender cog or a wide range 2 x 10 chainring set.

Lets face it, most buyers of M8000 components are going to need either a whole groupset or at least a full drivetrain if they already have a nice brake set.

But we might have to wait a little longer. I for one would want to wait for the SGS RD. I'm a glutton for versatility and the capacity of the GS RD is only 39t. In theory this doesn't leave much scope for a 45t extender cog or a wide range 2 x 10 chainring set.

SGS is also in stock...

nah. Leaves plenty room...

capacity on a 10-45 is 35 teeth (4 within the GS capacity) 

On the wide range 2x10 though.. 

2x10 w 11-36 and 28-42 is 39 teeth. So if you have a 26-39 or anything with a closer gap, the GS should be fine. Should... 

Edited by Renaissance Man

nah. Leaves plenty room...

capacity on a 10-45 is 35 teeth (4 within the GS capacity)

On the wide range 2x10 though..

2x10 w 11-36 and 28-42 is 39 teeth. So if you have a 26-39 or anything with a closer gap, the GS should be fine. Should...

The new XT 11spd cassettes are 11-40 or 11-42 and the standard front chainring options are only 10t apart (24-34, 26-36, 28-38) though I daresay you could mix and match for a wider spread.

So if you have 11-42 cassette with 26-38 this would make a range wide enough for almost anything rideable but it needs a RD with at least 43t capacity. Then, depending on your bike's suspension, you may need to leave 1t or 2t free for suspension related 'chain growth' . So, 45t.....

I don't need this much range for normal riding on prepared tracks but its useful for exploring Lesotho's goat tracks and for those like me who lack general athleticism .

Edited by JXV