[Question] Online orders and the status of SAPO

el_duderino

I ordered a lefty hub from e-bay. Shipped from Taiwan. Should have been here 8 May. Still waiting. Tracking number shows it was shipped but no info there after.

Tried sending ems an e-mail. No response.

Phone numbers provided for sapo just rings forever - no answer.

Not sure what to do next...

hold on to the phone they eventually answer, or try this site

globaltracktrace.ptc.post/gtt.web/

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hold on to the phone they eventually answer, or try this site

globaltracktrace.ptc.post/gtt.web/

Thanks for that link. I've been waiting since 9 March for a package from China. I see now that is has been at customs since 14 May. There is still hope...

Placed an order from CRC in January.Nothing has arrived.They even resent me items a month ago still nothing!

I have ordered a lot from Aliexpress.com and Ebay (China and Taiwan). Stuff is arriving, taking 10 to 12 weeks. Seems to take ages from when it leaves Chinese export customs until the time it leaves SA import customs (like 2 months). Once it leaves SA customs it doesn't take long.

Placed an order from CRC in January.Nothing has arrived.They even resent me items a month ago still nothing!

Same here, and there are some more stuff I wanna order but dont want to take the chance

Most items that come from china that arent couriered come via ship hence the 2 month wait, then add another few weeks for SAPO. 

As far as procedure goes, when you pick up at the post office they will work out what your customs/vat is and you pay them when you pick up. If you take courier like dhl then when it arrives here they will contact you with the amount you owe before sending it off to you. 

Tarrifs all depend what you buying. Its different rates for different items.

Some of these online stores will put a lower price on the invoice that they stick to your box so that you pay less tax on it here(you will of course still have your correct invoice from when you paid for it online).

What you looking at buying? some of the guys here will be able to tell you almost exactly what you will end up paying.

Thank you Long Wheel Base. That helps as I'm new to this. I am looking at clothing mainly. I've heard about the reduced invoice pricing on other sites, which cycling site will do this if I can ask?

if the value is too low, they can ask for proof of payment and then nail you to the wall.

I am waiting for a Royal mail parcel. No answering at the SAPO phones all week and the online tracking options can't give me a local tracking number. I have come to the conclusion that it is somewhere in a heap like this photo taken at the mail center. 

http://www.fin24.com/Tech/Companies/Post-office-agony-worsens-with-mail-room-woes-20150320

http://cdn.24.co.za/files/Cms/General/d/3029/6a3537bcca134ad79bf38cf2e6a82441.jpg

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone cares to share their experiences with ordering and delivering of international orders that have to go through the SAPO. Specifically orders placed from about Feb 2015 to now. From the UK (CRC or Wiggle) both seem to use Parcel Force which seem to end up at the SAPO.

Are orders going through at all? Trying to get a feel for if its worth putting an order in.

If it has anything to do with SAPO ---- AVOID !!!

Do not use them, they are useless in every respect.

I got my parcel 7 months later, useless ANC run enterprise. Let them fail, rather use a private courier.

Just got off the phone with Post Office. I had to receive a parcel either Mon or Tues via speed services. If I check the website, it says the parcel is here, but according the P.O they cant find any information

So after several unanswered phone calls, I finally got through to a person this morning. Although not very friendly, I got a tracking number. And it will be at the post office today. Holding thumbs.

So I called speed services. The parcel was since mon, but the staff in the PO are too lazy to check.

had something sent via snail mail and un-tracked from the UK (Not by choice) to CT about two weeks ago .... how long roughly till I start getting worried that the parcel (Small replacement hub axel) will not be arriving or till I start pestering my local post office to see if it has arrived?

I have received 2 parcels from the US, vitamins that should be zero duty and have been charged duty on both of them. Have sent back for reassessment , lets see how long that takes.