[Question] Online orders and the status of SAPO

el_duderino

I am waiting for a Royal mail parcel. No answering at the SAPO phones all week and the online tracking options can't give me a local tracking number. I have come to the conclusion that it is somewhere in a heap like this photo taken at the mail center. 

http://www.fin24.com/Tech/Companies/Post-office-agony-worsens-with-mail-room-woes-20150320

http://cdn.24.co.za/files/Cms/General/d/3029/6a3537bcca134ad79bf38cf2e6a82441.jpg

Hey there's my tennis racket

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

had something sent via snail mail and un-tracked from the UK (Not by choice) to CT about two weeks ago .... how long roughly till I start getting worried that the parcel (Small replacement hub axel) will not be arriving or till I start pestering my local post office to see if it has arrived?

My order from crc is also untracked. I didnt receive it and then crc sent another our abut 6 weeks ago. Still nothing

I have a USPS package thats been lying at customs for a week now,

The status/text change daily between being custom processed to processed and in transit to final destination, but the date/time of the last update never changes.

G

My order from crc is also untracked. I didnt receive it and then crc sent another our abut 6 weeks ago. Still nothing

Thanks for the good news Eddy :(

dude i am praying that both arrives soon!!

I even sent crc an email stating the second one never arrived but i wanna wait abit to see if it does.

Thank you Long Wheel Base. That helps as I'm new to this. I am looking at clothing mainly. I've heard about the reduced invoice pricing on other sites, which cycling site will do this if I can ask?

The site I use often and not just for cycling stuff is aliexpress. They always mark a lower price. 2 weeks ago I ordered a cassette and chain from crc and it cost me almost 2k with dhl. Got here and crc had put in the invoice R0.04 so I didn't pay anything but I think it may have been an error. I just got lucky. I know clothing has the highest charge.

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone help with another number for the PO, apart from 086011502?

My parcel has arrived, but this number just has the normal drivel and then cuts off.

or an email addy?

I made a purchase from CRC on 12 June.

I opted to pay for the tracked service, the package arrived in JHB on 22 June (tracked via http://globaltracktrace.ptc.post/gtt.web/).

As of today (23 June) its at a location titled: 'Cape Town IMC'

Any idea how long the package will sit there before being dispatched to post office for collection?

I made a purchase from CRC on 12 June.

I opted to pay for the tracked service, the package arrived in JHB on 22 June (tracked via http://globaltracktrace.ptc.post/gtt.web/).

As of today (23 June) its at a location titled: 'Cape Town IMC'

Any idea how long the package will sit there before being dispatched to post office for collection?

Not to discourage you but I have a parcel that arrived at JHB IMC 15 May.  Was sent to customs on 7 June and released for transit 21 June.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone cares to share their experiences with ordering and delivering of international orders that have to go through the SAPO. Specifically orders placed from about Feb 2015 to now. From the UK (CRC or Wiggle) both seem to use Parcel Force which seem to end up at the SAPO.

Are orders going through at all? Trying to get a feel for if its worth putting an order in.

Ask no questions hear no lies !!! 

I ordered from CRC in August last year, and it arrived 3 weeks ago. Well, some of it arrived.

I complained to CRC in October and they said I had to be patient as they knew we were having a mail strike. In February they sent a replacement order, which never arrived.

This is what did arrive

post-9954-0-91402200-1435076605_thumb.jpg

Are you a certified masochist? Don't you already pay enough tax?

Don't use SAPO for ANYTHING anymore.........................

Well my original order as well as the replacement never arrived. However the second replacement which was tracked did arrive.

My experience with good old SAPO.

I ordered and paid for some stuffs from china on the 11th of May 2014, the last of which arrived on the 17th of June 2015. Said parcel (which was a replacement sent 30 October 2015 because the first never arrived) was with JIMC since 2 February 2015.

Needless to say my enthusiasm for international online shopping has been extinguished. 

Archived