Race stickers on bikes

1skinnyman

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a race, my bike gets a wash.  She worked hard, she deserves some TLC.  This implies, dust, grime and race stickers are removed. 

Leave it on or remove immidiately when you get home?

Hell no! First take a piss, have another beer and then remove.

Leave it on or remove immidiately when you get home?

Length of time left on is directly proportionate to how insecure you are.

Saw guys in the cradle on Friday still with their iron man stickers on the bike...live an let live ..I guess it is a symbol of sorts. They can leave it on as long as they like...

If one is particularly proud of having done an event, leave the sticker on ....for as long as you like.. It's cool with me

Race numbers... take em off.

If I ever did the Epic I'd probably leave the sticker on.

If it is a race worth "bragging" about leave it on. You spend months preparing so why not show it of a little. It can also serve as a great motivation when you look at it while you are on another race. I dont get why this is taboo to leave the sticker on the bike but riding in a shirt from that race is fine, doesn't it boil down to the same thing?

Does it really matter?

You can also ask the following question: What about finisher t-shirts? Do you wear yours?

Does it really matter?

You can also ask the following question: What about finisher t-shirts? Do you wear yours?

I like wearing my dc t shirt to bed. ....You know, to tell the wife you can go long and hard......

Ok, fine, I'll come clean....its this years Epic sticker.....arguably the toughest one yet, suppose next year's will be tougher.

I want to take it off as it feels like I'm bragging about completing it. Some of my friends feel that its an accomplishment to brag about.

Removed it, will use it with rest of my momento's in The Man Cave

Ok, fine, I'll come clean....its this years Epic sticker.....arguably the toughest one yet, suppose next year's will be tougher.

I want to take it off as it feels like I'm bragging about completing it. Some of my friends feel that its an accomplishment to brag about.

Removed it, will use it with rest of my momento's in The Man Cave

That sticker did cost u 50k! keep it on.

My epic sticker remains on my bike. It is a tattoo for the bike. Most difficult week of my life. And most expensive.

I get a bit of a hard time for it. Only from people that haven't ridden the event.

Everything else comes off. Elite road bike flags sometimes stay on for a few weeks.. :)

I saw a guy on Sunday still riding with his Cape Epic Board ...on his MTB... on the road ????

Archived